When is a dollar not a dollar? McD's testing $2 & $5

Beerball

2 medium fries... We never order more than one or two fries for 4 of us... Always throwing them out!

Notice there are no drinks w/that? That is another 4 bucks (buck each). So, they are getting the family of 4 for 20 bucks... 5 bucks a person w/tax... I supposed not bad.

But... Like Jack said... buck 29 x2 cheeseburgers are the way to go! Skip the overpriced chicken parts! LoL...

Or get 2 meals with the quarter pounder fries and drink, tack on a 20 piece nuggets and according to jacks link spend $15 and change.

The contents coupled with the price point of the box just make it an oddly specific targeting. unless its targeting the broad segment of people that arent very good at math and get excited about perceived specials.

Edited by NoSaint

I see it more as a parents/2 children meal. Parents get the quarter pounders, children split the nuggets, all split the fries.

Whatever happened to the piece of meat, some vegetables, a starch, some fruit and milk?

All of you with kids. How often do you eat what Jack posted and how often do you eat what I posted?

Whatever happened to the piece of meat, some vegetables, a starch, some fruit and milk?

All of you with kids. How often do you eat what Jack posted and how often do you eat what I posted?

Maybe once every couple of months... Almost never now. My children hate McD's now. They never drank soda. Which is strange because it is my one vice (regular soda).

Me another story... Weakness and laziness if I am on shift and passing it on the way to work... Maybe 2-3 times a rotation (month).

Children are pretty sensible... They get healthy eating beat into their heads @ school...

Oh... What you posted... Mostly no meat... Just veggies and probably a little more starch than needed. Milk, seldom... The children's weakness isn't soda but, stuff like Simply Cranberry COCKTAIL and lemonade... ;-) Rest of the time water. Pull a Steve Jobs w/lots and lots of fruit... I worry that it is too much?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Maybe once every couple of months... Almost never now. My children hate McD's now. They never drank soda. Which is strange because it is my one vice (regular soda).

Me another story... Weakness and laziness if I am on shift and passing it on the way to work... Maybe 2-3 times a rotation (month).

Children are pretty sensible... They get healthy eating beat into their heads @ school...

Oh... What you posted... Mostly no meat... Just veggies and probably a little more starch than needed. Milk, seldom... The children's weakness isn't soda but, stuff like Simply Cranberry COCKTAIL and lemonade... ;-) Rest of the time water. Pull a Steve Jobs w/lots and lots of fruit... I worry that it is too much?

The children's weakness is not cranberry juice (sorry a cocktail beverage has alcohol in it) or lemonade it's your weakness.

The children's weakness is not cranberry juice (sorry a cocktail beverage has alcohol in it) or lemonade it's your weakness.

I should have said it was all of ours... They if anything are UNDERweight, BMI's in the teens, and enjoy it other than water. It is okay to a have a vice... Everything in moderation. Yet, the stuff they do drink contains regular sugar.

What's the problem? I am 45 years old and work all kinds of crazy shift. The rest of the family is a lot more disciplined. They can enjoy in moderation.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

My son gets fast food about once/month. Rarely McDonald's. His dinner consists of white meat, veggies, a starch and water on most days. He gets his milk in the morning with cereal and also has juice.

Weekends see more red meat and also more snack-type stuff (chips, crackers, etc.) but we try to keep those as healthy as possible, too.

My son gets fast food about once/month. Rarely McDonald's. His dinner consists of white meat, veggies, a starch and water on most days. He gets his milk in the morning with cereal and also has juice.

Weekends see more red meat and also more snack-type stuff (chips, crackers, etc.) but we try to keep those as healthy as possible, too.

When I visit WNY I usually stay with my mom. She still loves to cook for me. I look down at the plate and look at her "mom, I'm not 12 anymore!" The only thing missing is the milk.

When I visit WNY I usually stay with my mom. She still loves to cook for me. I look down at the plate and look at her "mom, I'm not 12 anymore!" The only thing missing is the milk.

My mom is all about pasta, meat and potatoes ... and bread with every meal. I miss those days, but I'm glad to be eating more healthy foods (for the most part). I still eat a lot of the same stuff, but with leaner meats, multi-grain/high-fiber pasta and little to no butter with the potatoes.