When is a dollar not a dollar? McD's testing $2 & $5

Beerball

Every time i turn on a Financial Channel they keep saying that "there's no inflation!" Apparently these people never buy gas or groceries.

Times change and so do prices. Dollar Rent a Car started out as Dollar A Day. They used to rent VW's for $1 a day. Motel 6 used to actually be $6 a night. McDonalds started out charging .15 for a hambuirger and .19 for a cheeseburger!

Used to be able to get end zone seats at the Rockpile for $6-8 and for $6 you actually had a chance to see the Bills Win!

Every time i turn on a Financial Channel they keep saying that "there's no inflation!" Apparently these people never buy gas or groceries.

Times change and so do prices. Dollar Rent a Car started out as Dollar A Day. They used to rent VW's for $1 a day. Motel 6 used to actually be $6 a night. McDonalds started out charging .15 for a hambuirger and .19 for a cheeseburger!

Used to be able to get end zone seats at the Rockpile for $6-8 and for $6 you actually had a chance to see the Bills Win!

So true. Not just prices. 7-Eleven used to stay open from 7am to 11pm? What the hell happened, now they never close.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

McDonalds testing new "Blitz Box" in KC Chiefs market...

http://www.arrowhead...ty-chiefs-theme

McDonald's for the first time has brought to the U.S. the multi-person boxed meal idea it first tried in Australia in 2010. In the Kansas City, Mo., market, the chain is heralding the start of the NFL season with the Blitz Box, a boxed meal that includes two Quarter Pounders with Cheese, two medium fries and a 20-piece serving of Chicken McNuggets. The Blitz Box is priced at $14.99.

McDonalds testing new "Blitz Box" in KC Chiefs market...

http://www.arrowhead...ty-chiefs-theme

Seems overpriced. Say, cheeseburger royale goes for 4 bucks on the high end. That is 8 bucks. Plus a buck fitty for medium fries... That is 3 bucks. That leaves 4 bucks for 20 McNuggets??? Is my estimation right?

Just forgo the pricey royales (1/4 pounder) and get the double cheeseburger... They are just over a buck now... Right?

Anyway... Get this. Burger King runs the "two for" special. Like two Whoppers or breakfast sandwich... Don't buy one or it will cost you more than the special (regular price on a single sandwhich only). Even if you don't want it, have them throw the extra sandwich in. Just give it to the homeless guy down the street. ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Seems overpriced. Say, cheeseburger royale goes for 4 bucks on the high end. That is 8 bucks. Plus a buck fitty for medium fries... That is 3 bucks. That leaves 4 bucks for 20 McNuggets??? Is my estimation right?

Just forgo the pricey royales (1/4 pounder) and get the double cheeseburger... They are just over a buck now... Right?

http://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/mcdonalds-prices/

(your local prices may vary)

2 Quarter Pounders with cheese - $3.69/ea = $7.38

2 Medium size fries - 1.49/ea = $2.98

20 piece Chicken McNuggets = $4.99

Grand total = $15.35 - not much of a savings

I do prefer the double cheeseburgers at $1.29 each

Thanx... I was wondering what the McNuggets went for. 5 bucks seems high for 20. I guess I haven't ordered them in a while!

Yeah the double @ a buck 29 is more bang for your buck!

The scary part - no two people are going halves on that. They'll each just order what they want. That's the ultimate supersize meal for 1!

I think we just discovered how dareus was rumored to spend $15 by himself after practice though.

The scary part - no two people are going halves on that. They'll each just order what they want. That's the ultimate supersize meal for 1!

I think we just discovered how dareus was rumored to spend $15 by himself after practice though.

I see it more as a parents/2 children meal. Parents get the quarter pounders, children split the nuggets, all split the fries.

But yea, I'd give it a shot at eating the whole thing myself.

I see it more as a parents/2 children meal. Parents get the quarter pounders, children split the nuggets, all split the fries.

But yea, I'd give it a shot at eating the whole thing myself.

that may work. its just an odd increment with it being 2 fries to accompany 3 entree items.

Edited by NoSaint

that may work. its just an odd increment with it being 2 fries to accompany 3 entree items.

2 medium fries... We never order more than one or two fries for 4 of us... Always throwing them out!

Notice there are no drinks w/that? That is another 4 bucks (buck each). So, they are getting the family of 4 for 20 bucks... 5 bucks a person w/tax... I supposed not bad.

But... Like Jack said... buck 29 x2 cheeseburgers are the way to go! Skip the overpriced chicken parts! LoL...