Buffalo News reporting Byrd wants traded by Oct. 29 deadline

YoloinOhio

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parker also had a third option all along: speak to every team in the league to discuss trade possibilities for Byrd. He's had that option ever since Byrd became his agent. What Parker won't tell you is that NO team was willing to trade for him at the time. Parker has to drive his price down as a result. And he's doing a good job of it.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree, but that's why I didn't list as an option, because I agree that there was no trade option.

Show me one quote where Parker, Byrd, or the Bills have stated this...or stated any demands . I have not seen a one, not saying I did not miss it, but my gut says this is urban myth at this point. Byrd may be asking for less money, but shorter term to get a 3 rd big contract. He could be asking for a structure that the Bills don't like.

My point is we HAVE NO IDEA where the sides are apart....neither one has said anything

yup - i could see a 3 year deal vs a 5 year deal being another dimension it sticks on, with buffalo wanting the long term deal with essentially a few option years while byrd wants another payday. likely mostly the average money, but like you said, we dont KNOW a lot. weve gotten some rumors from people we trash for giving out trash rumors on other subjects, and weve got some conjecture but there could be a few things at work here.

Edited by NoSaint

Show me one quote where Parker, Byrd, or the Bills have stated this...or stated any demands . I have not seen a one, not saying I did not miss it, but my gut says this is urban myth at this point. Byrd may be asking for less money, but shorter term to get a 3 rd big contract. He could be asking for a structure that the Bills don't like.

My point is we HAVE NO IDEA where the sides are apart....neither one has said anything

Here's the closest we have to it:

Adam BenigniVerified account@AdamBenigni

Source: #Bills Byrd demanding to be highest paid safety in NFL. Told Bills were willing to offer top 4-5 money. #Impasse @wgrz

I think that's called "cutting off your nose to spite your face."

I agree, but if Parker's willing to do it, why shouldn't the Bills? I'm not saying we should IR Byrd. But I do think we should just tell him that unless he gets us at least a second round pick in next year's draft, he ain't going anywhere. So just get out on the filed and play.

Edited by BuffaloBob

Here's the closest we have to it:

https://twitter.com/...801383921500160

Adam BenigniVerified account@AdamBenigni

Source: #Bills Byrd demanding to be highest paid safety in NFL. Told Bills were willing to offer top 4-5 money. #Impasse @wgrz

And in looking at the range involved, we come up with the often reported difference of "two million dollars apart."

GO BILLS!!!

This could be a win win. As another poster pointed out he needs to perform to get a trade and long term deal. Bills could be playing for next year by the deadline. We could get a late first rounder if everything works about.

one thing that hangs me up on this line of thought is its often coming from the same people that are saying "theres no way he can contribute to our team after holding out"

There's a whole lot of speculating going on with respect to anything and everything to do with the Bills' front office. Some folks choose to believe everything they're saying publicly is a lie. I agree with you, Paul -- we don't know a damn thing, and any speculation is just that until something concrete is revealed.

RE: above--the article says the sources are other league personnel and an agent not named Parker. So...

I think you are agreeing with me...either way says nothing about his demands etc. My point in first post is the Bills could be calling teams to see what they are willing to offer..I would think they would be asses if not doing that.

It's been reported several times this week that he was receiving shots to deal with his PF last year. That's why I'm curious to see what folks who are calling it fake think - that it was a 2 year fake, or knowing it was an issue last year he could milk it this year or.... I don't know.

My guess is that he had the issue last year and dealt with it by shooting medication up to keep himself available for games. That is, he played hurt, knowing that he was in a contract year. I have a hunch that he's said something to the effect of "unh unh -- that isn't happening again. I'm only playing when I'm healthy, and I'm not going to prolong the plantar fascitiis injury by continuing to get treatment for it between games." I think he's going to be willing to play hard when healthy, but he's not going to take the proverbial bullet for the team by playing hurt and quite possibly extending the duration of his foot problem. Just a theory, of course.

Edited by dave mcbride

one thing that hangs me up on this line of thought is its often coming from the same people that are saying "theres no way he can contribute to our team after holding out"

This line of thought is predicated on the fact that Byrd obviously has no desire to play for us anymore whereas his PF will miraculously be a minor issue on another team and he'll play at a pro bowl level elsewhere.