Hey gantrules...

So what do you think about the acquistion of Mondesi? If he is the old Mondesi, we have an excellent replacement for Drew. If he is in trouble the way he has been for the last couple years, we are in serious trouble and have a gaping hole in right field. What do we do about left field? Fill from the minors?

Not a Braves fan really, although when I was younger I watched TBS and the Dale Murphy-era Braves constantly. Red Sox fan actually, and no not a bandwagoner like very idiot I see around Buffalo under a spanking new Sox hat.

Anyway, I like the Mondesi move because of the price. Good gamble. Problem is, the dude's a headcase. Good one day, aweful the next and maybe not there the day after that. But if he's willing to play for a mil, than maybe he has something to prove. My bet is, he plays better than the salary, making it a decent move.

Hudson was a better pickup!

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Pirates fan here!!!!

Mondesi is an overrated, psychologically troubled, whiny brat who will fold up his tent at the first sign of trouble. Just ask the Anaheim Angels as well! He's NOT WORTH the trouble, and the damage his sort of act can inflict on a clubhouse.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Mondesi!!! You tried to @!#@!# us, AND Anaheim, and now you are back. Pi$$ant.

I go down to PNC park every summer to catch a Braves game. That stadium is awesome, not a bad seat in the house. Have some wings, maybe a Pramanny (sp) Brothers sandwich, and a IC lite and watch some baseball. Gotta love it!

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I go down to PNC park every summer to catch a Braves game.  That stadium is awesome, not a bad seat in the house.  Have some wings, maybe a Pramanny (sp) Brothers sandwich, and a IC lite and watch some baseball.  Gotta love it!

206380[/snapback]

I went to Fulton County in the last game in the old place; they were tearing up the field. I have yet to visit Atlanta since then.

Did you make it to Willie's eating establishment?? GREAT class shown by the organization to bring first-class eats together with Pops's name.

I LOVE the two floor souvenir shop with the walkway, the bridge view, the fireworks from the Pepsi poles, the big ol Parrot, the prices, and the team. Jack Wilson is the new cornerstone of the Pirates organization... there hasn't been this much excitement over a shortstop in DECADES. Can't wait to see the new pitchers in action! :-D

Pirates fan here!!!!

Mondesi is an overrated, psychologically troubled, whiny brat who will fold up his tent at the first sign of trouble. Just ask the Anaheim Angels as well! He's NOT WORTH the trouble, and the damage his sort of act can inflict on a clubhouse.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Mondesi!!! You tried to @!#@!# us, AND Anaheim, and now you are back. Pi$$ant.

206347[/snapback]

yeah what he said....Mondesi made Derek Bell look like a team player

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
yeah what he said....Mondesi made Derek Bell look like a team player

206407[/snapback]

Now THAT is funny!!! Derek Bell, :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: wherever you are!! *car wash* *cough, cough* :huh:

Now THAT is funny!!! Derek Bell, :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: wherever you are!!  *car wash* *cough, cough* :huh:

206408[/snapback]

oh for the days of Andy Van Slyke, Bobby Bo, Spanky Lavaillierre, Chico Lind, Doug Drabek, the ugliest SP duo in MLB history...Zane Smith and Bob Walk, and Pre-Steroid Barry...PS I am only 30 so this is my era

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
oh for the days of Andy Van Slyke, Bobby Bo, Spanky Lavaillierre, Chico Lind, Doug Drabek, the ugliest SP duo in MLB history...Zane Smith and Bob Walk, and Pre-Steroid Barry...PS I am only 30 so this is my era

206415[/snapback]

I am 31, so that is mine too brother!!! Don't forget ORLAAAAANDO and Donny Slaught!!! I almost cried a river when that Fer Cabrera put a stake through us. The defining moment of post-drug scandal Pirates lore... It hurt more than SB XXVI, XXVII, AND XXVIII combined... not XXV, though.

I'm still here, black and gold with the RIGHT baseball team. :huh: