Black church pastor wants only white people as greeters

Pastor Makeda Pennycooke, an African-American woman, at Freedom House Church along Salome Church Road.

The email was sent to a group of church volunteers who act as greeters for the church's 9 a.m. service.

It sounds like the good pastor does not have much faith in the innate goodness of people........too bad.

I saw this on local news. It was...hilarious. It was like the exact opposite of the teaser. "What this church is doing that are raising eyebrows of the black community" I was expecting some good ol' KKK'n.

Here is the pastor:

Makeda-2-218x240.jpg

BTW, whats the idea of a media team or whatever at a church?

Edited by jboyst62

A few years ago, I went to my wife's cousin's wedding. The next day the couple asked us all to attend church with them at their megachurch. We had a designated door to enter and sat in a giant room. Staring at a speaker system on a wall. The pastor was in some other room. Some churches, like that one in Kansas, are enormous.

A few years ago, I went to my wife's cousin's wedding. The next day the couple asked us all to attend church with them at their megachurch. We had a designated door to enter and sat in a giant room. Staring at a speaker system on a wall. The pastor was in some other room. Some churches, like that one in Kansas, are enormous.

Joel Olsteen and Lakewood Church bought a former basketball arena to fit their church into...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakewood_Church

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakewood_Church_Central_Campus

I suspect this has more to do with money than race. The Christian Flock is shrinking so the Shepherds have to compete for the faithful and their donations

From the article (and it's mentioned in the video also)...

Thomas also told us that she's been an active and engaged member of the church for more than two years. She feels race isn't the only issue but also the church's bottom line. "Perhaps you believe that with a certain congregation that eventually your finances are going to run out because maybe we aren't the moneymakers," she said.

I saw this on local news. It was...hilarious. It was like the exact opposite of the teaser. "What this church is doing that are raising eyebrows of the black community" I was expecting some good ol' KKK'n.

Here is the pastor:

Makeda-2-218x240.jpg

So she will NOT be at the front door, am I getting this right?