Foods my family won't allow me to prepare at home:

Beerball

:huh:

Just the wife and I and there are things she doesn't like (beets, sauerkraut for example). But just because she doesn't like it doesn't mean I can't cook it. You don't like it? Cook your own ****.

This is pretty much my motto. I don't go out of my way to cook stuff my family doesn't like but I don't avoid the stuff either. Don't like it - tough.

I've never made a separate meal for my (now) 9 year old either and consequently he's learned to eat all kinds of different foods instead of just chicken nuggets, pizza and burgers like many of the other kids his age. He eats pretty much anything and enjoys a nice meal (out or cooked at home) as much as anybody I know.

calves liver & onions

chicken livers

How can anybody stomach liver of any kind I don't know. My Grandma used to make fried chicken livers all the time and while they are the singularly best smelling food in the entire world unfortunately they taste like ****

This is pretty much my motto. I don't go out of my way to cook stuff my family doesn't like but I don't avoid the stuff either. Don't like it - tough.

I've never made a separate meal for my (now) 9 year old either and consequently he's learned to eat all kinds of different foods instead of just chicken nuggets, pizza and burgers like many of the other kids his age. He eats pretty much anything and enjoys a nice meal (out or cooked at home) as much as anybody I know.

How can anybody stomach liver of any kind I don't know. My Grandma used to make fried chicken livers all the time and while they are the singularly best smelling food in the entire world unfortunately they taste like ****

I'm pretty sure I can make a calf's liver dish for you that would make you say "that's pretty good" and I KNOW I could make you a chicken live dish that would make you say WOW!!

You have to admit those days were some dark ones for awhile.

I know, it was pretty dark around here when he got better.

Chicken livers I've enjoyed. Duck liver is magnificent. Calf liver with onions and bacon was nice at first, but a little goes a long way.

Should beef liver taste like bile? I know bile is produced in the liver, but should well prepared liver have a bilious taste?

Chicken livers I've enjoyed. Duck liver is magnificent. Calf liver with onions and bacon was nice at first, but a little goes a long way.

Should beef liver taste like bile? I know bile is produced in the liver, but should well prepared liver have a bilious taste?

Not much you can do to get rid of the strong taste of a beef liver. Even using a stove with higher BTU's will not help. :D That is why most restaurants will use a calf's liver. If you love calf's liver with bacon and onions you'll really love it the way I prepare it with shallots, pancetta and balsamic vinegar. We frequented a place in SF that served a dish called Menage au Foie. It was chickent liver, duck liver and sheep's liver. Fanfreakingtastic!!

Why do people want to eat the organ responsible for breaking down harmful substances and then sending them on their way to become pee and poop? There is a reason liver smells and tastes so terrible.

Oddly enough, my wife likes it, but I refuse to cook it.

I make rumaki with chicken livers. Always a hit at cocktail parties. People are shocked when they realize they just enjoyed a chicken liver

I have also cooked up sweet breads for unsuspecting girls. They always loved the meal, until I told them what it was

Why do people want to eat the organ responsible for breaking down harmful substances and then sending them on their way to become pee and poop? There is a reason liver smells and tastes so terrible.

Do you eat sausages?

I caught food poisoning while traveling through the UK and it kicked my ass for two days. Then one morning I woke up in Edinburough and felt fantastic. I went down to the restaurant below where I was staying to write out postcards. Well it was 10:00 am in the morning, and when I ordered Haggis and a pint for breakfast, I knew my stomach was good to go

LoL... Agree! People have been known to eat worse... Like:

Same w/cow's bladder... Ever hear the expression: "Boil the piss out of it."