Ron Brooks to Start at CB

FutureBillsGM

This is it right here... When u lay off Brady's WR, all he does is either throw a WR screen which is like a running play for them and is an easy 4-5+ yards each time. He will do that all day if u lay off which means u have to press coverage and blitz him. but blitz him smartly.... Lots of stunts, moving around so he doesnt automatically know where the pressure is going to come from . I hope we blitz Kiko right up the gut, cuz outisde rushers will shrink pocket for Brady and Kiko coming in like a ticking timebomb to pop him, is the best way to approach blitzing him. Right up the gut and with Dareus READY for football this yr and Kyle in middle or even Branch for that who is good at taking on blocks will free up holes to Kiko to get through and get pressure and hopefully a sack and some hits on Marcia!

Press and blitz is definitely the gameplan. They have no one with serious speed and the ability to get off the LOS.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows what the Pats are going to do. They have one threat in Zach Sudfeld at Gronk's position in an UDFA who is big and fast and can catch but he's still an UDFA. They have two other no name TEs who have done little and more like H Backs and may play the Flex TE that Killer Hernandez played but neither scares anyone (and a third just signed this week who is just a blocker).

They have Amendola in the slot who will likely get 10+ catches in this game. Kenbrell Tompkins is another guy from nowhere who had a great preseason with Brady throwing him the ball. It's impossible to know how effective he will be on the road in an NFL game, but I expect him to do very well.

Their second round pick, Dobson, has been horrible and was beaten out by a guy named Kenbrell, and the Pats had about a 19 QB rating when they threw the ball to Dobson in the preseason including 3 INTs. They still have Edelman and Matthew Slater but didn't want either of them. I'm

Who knows what the Pats are going to do. They have one threat in Zach Sudfeld at Gronk's position in an UDFA who is big and fast and can catch but he's still an UDFA. They have two other no name TEs who have done little and more like H Backs and may play the Flex TE that Killer Hernandez played but neither scares anyone (and a third just signed this week who is just a blocker).

They have Amendola in the slot who will likely get 10+ catches in this game. Kenbrell Tompkins is another guy from nowhere who had a great preseason with Brady throwing him the ball. It's impossible to know how effective he will be on the road in an NFL game, but I expect him to do very well.

Their second round pick, Dobson, has been horrible and was beaten out by a guy named Kenbrell, and the Pats had about a 19 QB rating when they threw the ball to Dobson in the preseason including 3 INTs. They still have Edelman and Matthew Slater but didn't want either of them. I'm

Sudfeld is like Chandler in terms of size and speed, but he's a rook. And Thompkins had one good game against the Lions, isn't blazing fast, and also is a rook. The key will be shutting down Amendola.

Press and blitz is definitely the gameplan. They have no one with serious speed and the ability to get off the LOS.

For sure... We may give up a few long plays, but better off trying to cause some havoc, and force a turnover or get a few sacks than have him eat us apart on 6-7 min drives with him going 8-9 for 70 yards all on balls in the air less than 5 yards!

Key will be EJ starting hot and picking up 1st downs so we can jump into up tempo and hit them early a fast paced drive. Force them to NEED to score in high thirties to beat us.. We need to put up some points and with CJ running ball and EJ playing smart back there, we can control pace of game espeically if D gets pressure up front

Sudfeld is like Chandler in terms of size and speed, but he's a rook. And Thompkins had one good game against the Lions, isn't blazing fast, and also is a rook. The key will be shutting down Amendola.

And stopping the run. The front 7 need to step up and stop the run. If they make pats* one dimensional, it will be easier to defend the pass

The key to controlling Brady is to hope that you can stop the Pats rushing attack - without having to commit an extra defender up in the box - while using that extra defender to shrink the field so that everything is played inside the hashes for Brady. Then congestion is your best friend to hurting Brady.

To counter this the Pats have added speedier playmakers on offense. However, this component of the offense is unknown at the moment so flip a coin if the newcomers can perform well enough to effectively counter. If they can, you be assured that Brady will find the strategic matchups.

Edited by Pneumonic

Sudfeld might be like Chandler in terms of size and speed (although he looks much faster). But if Chandler was on the Pats, with Brady, against the Bills, he would have 8 catches for 100 yards and two Tds by the end of the third quarter. So there is that. ;)

Sudfeld might be like Chandler in terms of size and speed (although he looks much faster). But if Chandler was on the Pats, with Brady, against the Bills, he would have 8 catches for 100 yards and two Tds by the end of the third quarter. So there is that. ;)

In the last 4 games AGAINST the Pats, Chandler has had a TD in two games and two TD's in a third. Not exactly chump change. We'll see what happens on Sunday.

I guess it depends on how the Bills play their corners. Will McKelvin just stay on the outside, or will he track Amendola if Amendola moves around. I expect Amendola to work extensively out of the slot. That either means McKelvin follows him around, or [shudder] some guy like Nickel Robey is going to be on Amendola for the majority of the game.

either way, the guy mckelvin is covering worries me least.

To the point of this thread, why not Ron Brooks? He was a rookie last year and hasn't had a lot of opportunity in real game situations. We know what we're getting from a guy like McKelvin along with other guys like Aaron Williams. While we're at it, put Justin Rogers in there and see what he can do. We have nothing to lose as a team at this point. Losing Gilmore for the beginning of the season will sting a bit.

I would like to see Brooks on Amendola, which is what I'm hoping they mean with him as #1. Brooks on the outside is a NIGHTMARE, but he's small and quick, and ot would seem that he matches up well on the small and quick Amendola. McKelvin and whoever is on the outside should be an average match against whoever the Pats put at WR and I can see Rodgers on Sudfield.

Speaking of jauron, he can play defensive back. Vet minimum?

Yes he can!

[Dick] Jauron chose the NFL, and started at free safety as a rookie for the Lions. He was named to the 1974 Pro Bowl in his second season after leading the NFC in punt return average. Jauron played with the Lions for five seasons (1973–1977) and the Cincinnati Bengals for three seasons (1978–1980). He finished his playing career with 25 interceptions and two touchdowns.[8] . . . Jauron was named the 14th head coach in Buffalo Bills history on January 23, 2006, following the resignation of Mike Mularkey.[14]

Brooks is super physical, expect to see the DB's press a little more at the line. Marrone has also been mentioning it a lot in his pressers. This could be ok. Our pass rush is decent, we might be ok.

We may also get lit up

Considering Amendola's style of play McKelvin on him may not be a bad choice. Quick guy with quick moves. McKelvin to me is good at sticking with a guy in close quarters. it is the deep routes he loses the ball.

Brooks has a lot of talent but he gets lost at times.

I don't think McKelvin ever really gets list out there. In fact the guy can flat out cover. Sticks in a guys pocket for a mile if need be. The issue is he never can actually get a hand on the ball.

Brooks issue is he is almost too physical. You're right he gets lost at times. He also makes recievers wish they never caught the ball. Dude can hit!

Edited by Mango