Ron Brooks to Start at CB

FutureBillsGM

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's our 2nd best CB at the moment (with gilmore out). I'd rather roll with he and mckelvin on the outside and Robey on the inside as opposed to Rogers getting time. Hopefully Burton can contribute, but ill be surpassed if he gets extended minutes week 1.

I am okay with this. Frankly, Brooks is the least of our worries. It's McKelvin on the Pats No. 1 WR that is disconcerting.

without a clear cut star outside receiver my worries tend to fall to our depth vs their depth. our #1 isnt shutdown but their #1 isnt a gamebreaker.

The key is our pass rush and how often (if at all) we hit Golden Boy.

If Brady has time to throw, it doesn't matter if we have four Darelle Revis' out there.

Also, the Bills have to press them at the LOS else GB will simply "play catch" for 5 yard freebies.

Fortunately, Pettine knows all this. The Stache was clueless last year.

The key is our pass rush and how often (if at all) we hit Golden Boy.

If Brady has time to throw, it doesn't matter if we have four Darelle Revis' out there.

Also, the Bills have to press them at the LOS else GB will simply "play catch" for 5 yard freebies.

Fortunately, Pettine knows all this. The Stache was clueless last year.

This is it right here... When u lay off Brady's WR, all he does is either throw a WR screen which is like a running play for them and is an easy 4-5+ yards each time. He will do that all day if u lay off which means u have to press coverage and blitz him. but blitz him smartly.... Lots of stunts, moving around so he doesnt automatically know where the pressure is going to come from . I hope we blitz Kiko right up the gut, cuz outisde rushers will shrink pocket for Brady and Kiko coming in like a ticking timebomb to pop him, is the best way to approach blitzing him. Right up the gut and with Dareus READY for football this yr and Kyle in middle or even Branch for that who is good at taking on blocks will free up holes to Kiko to get through and get pressure and hopefully a sack and some hits on Marcia!

I believe Buddy Nixon just reports what he sees on Twitter from other soucres. I don't know if he has any real scoops. He also is one of the worst "Sign Him Buffalo!" guys around no matter who the plyer is, if he has value or if hes a position of need which drives me nuts at times but I do get some good info following him.

I believe Buddy Nixon just reports what he sees on Twitter from other soucres. I don't know if he has any real scoops. He also is one of the worst "Sign Him Buffalo!" guys around no matter who the plyer is, if he has value or if hes a position of need which drives me nuts at times but I do get some good info following him.

So you're saying he's like the real Buddy Nix then.

without a clear cut star outside receiver my worries tend to fall to our depth vs their depth. our #1 isnt shutdown but their #1 isnt a gamebreaker.

I guess it depends on how the Bills play their corners. Will McKelvin just stay on the outside, or will he track Amendola if Amendola moves around. I expect Amendola to work extensively out of the slot. That either means McKelvin follows him around, or [shudder] some guy like Nickel Robey is going to be on Amendola for the majority of the game.