Teen kicked out of trendy clothes store for being a fat-a$$

\GoBillsInDallas/

BMI is only useful for a very small subset of the population. The young, the old, and the athletic are huge swaths of the population that can't rely on BMI to figure out their healthy weight.

This girl is fat. And she has no business being fat. But she's what, 14? Don't treat a 14 year old girl like **** because of her size. Wait until she's 18. At 14, the fact that the store has no clothes that will fit her is more than enough to shame her for her size.

The rude sale staff who becomes the victim story played out similarly in Australian football when a spectator called a rather large, bearded footballer from the opposition who came crashing into the boundary fence in front of her, a "fuc$ing gorilla".

The footballer took umbrage and the spectator was removed from the ground, detained by security for an hour & then released.

She was highlighted on the big screen, social pages filled with rage. She was called a racist, as the footballer was Adam Goodes.eventually the story broke, she was 14, had no idea "gorilla" was being racist to an aboriginal, she'd meant it was because he had a beard! That security had detained a 14 year old without her guardian, that she got ejected without her guardian, that she then was apologised to & on the complex story went & on...

Huh? They have a accessory/jewelry section... What? That doesn't fit her? What if she is shopping for somebody else?

How can the rude staff become the victim here?

Is missing the point an occupation for you or more of a hobby?

Is missing the point an occupation for you or more of a hobby?

No. You missed the point. There is absolutely no shame in a fat person walking into Rue 21. They sell accessories and jewelry. Those fit everybody. So yes, there is something that the store sells that fit her.

You made a totally stupid point. Why should she be shamed?

Even if she is 14.

The store is for overly skinny people... Clotheswise... No big deal.

Then for my edification, please explain the virtue of more shaming?

After all, shaming is the impetus for this story. A girl was shamed for her lack of self respect and became a victim. Now we get to shame the rude B word, who shamed the fat body. in a week's time the rude B word will be a victim due to the onslaught of national media scrutiny. There will be hate mail and death threats for the rude B word, and the fat chick will get a You Go Girl Fat is Beautiful and Real Women Have Curves Hot Fudge Pride Parade. The circle of bull **** continues all because people love to be outraged by bad behavior to feel marginally better about themselves.

Promoting tolerance through intolerance of intolerance doesn't sound much like tolerance, now does it?

Nicely done.

No. You missed the point. There is absolutely no shame in a fat person walking into Rue 21. They sell accessories and jewelry. Those fit everybody. So yes, there is something that the store sells that fit her.

You made a totally stupid point. Why should she be shamed?

Even if she is 14.

The store is for overly skinny people... Clotheswise... No big deal.

"Overly skinny?" You must be joking. The store sells pants up to size 14, which I think is on the lower end of "plus size."

Unless she has no self-awareness whatsoever, I severely doubt that she felt no shame walking into a store that had no articles of clothing that fit her (I'm not counting accessories/jewelry/perfume/flip-flops). If I was fat to the point where some stores were not options as far as clothing because all the articles of clothing in them were too small, I'd be ashamed. And I'm a grown-ass man. I'd find what little self-respect I had left and use it to get myself on a weight loss plan immediately. But hey, maybe you and I are different.

This idea that being fat in and of itself isn't or shouldn't be shameful is a poisonous line of thinking.

"Overly skinny?" You must be joking. The store sells pants up to size 14, which I think is on the lower end of "plus size."

Unless she has no self-awareness whatsoever, I severely doubt that she felt no shame walking into a store that had no articles of clothing that fit her (I'm not counting accessories/jewelry/perfume/flip-flops). If I was fat to the point where some stores were not options as far as clothing because all the articles of clothing in them were too small, I'd be ashamed. And I'm a grown-ass man. I'd find what little self-respect I had left and use it to get myself on a weight loss plan immediately. But hey, maybe you and I are different.

This idea that being fat in and of itself isn't or shouldn't be shameful is a poisonous line of thinking.

I hear you... But children are so boosted up to today... I bet there was no shame @ all in her.

Especially, if it is validated by the company saying that they want her money w/regard to accessories... That is where a huge profit is made.

The story did say her friend went to look @ the accessories?

The employee really phucked up and we will see how corporate handles this. They will throw that employee under the bus to make a buck.

@ least I can semi-appreciate Abercrombie and what was said there... It was coming from the top.

Anyway... I have been there, I got a young (skinnh daughter)... Rue 21 seems junky... Especially the cheap accessories.

I'd like to see what the store camera footage showed, even better if they have audio, though I doubt it. Did she sheepishly droop her head and walk out, or did she throw a hissy fit? Did the store employee say something politely to her, or did they point at the door with a "get out!" look on their face?

I'd like to see what the store camera footage showed, even better if they have audio, though I doubt it. Did she sheepishly droop her head and walk out, or did she throw a hissy fit? Did the store employee say something politely to her, or did they point at the door with a "get out!" look on their face?

Yeah... That is all fun and games... BUT corporate can't be amused. They wanna ride the fence w/these fatties.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois