New building going up in London includes...

Just Jack

Who's liable for the damage? Does the owner have to eat it?

In the US, there's be a ton of litigation on that. Owner, developer (for building the thing), architect (for designing it), municipality (for approving it). Ultimately, it'd take a couple of years of a half-dozen insurance companies trying to work out a few dozen deals.

No idea in the UK.

In the US, there's be a ton of litigation on that. Owner, developer (for building the thing), architect (for designing it), municipality (for approving it). Ultimately, it'd take a couple of years of a half-dozen insurance companies trying to work out a few dozen deals.

No idea in the UK.

That is what I was wondering... I figured the US was a whole 'nother beast. I too wonder what the UK does on this?

On another note, US warranties are screwy. Years ago I wanted to buy an underwater housing for my Olympus camera... Olympus made it but wouldn't sell it in North America... I had to get one through Switzerland... It had nothing but Japanese instructions... LoL.. I guess supposedly the way American warranties are, if a dumbazz gets sand or something on the o-ring and floods the camera, Olympus would still be on the hook/liable for the damaged camera (in the US)? Huh? Like those Life Proof phone cases... Is that why they have the user test it first?