Stevie Johnson: Pats can't 'stop me'

True that... Without Brady they are a 6-7 win team. Their defense was much better the year Brady got hurt. Belichick think s he is so smart letting all his good defensive players walk. Well he can't find a corner or a safety worth a dam now. And Seymour is stil producing years after being traded.

Seymour has had average seasons compared to what or how he played in New England. The biggest problems the Bills have always faced with Belichek teams is their inability to run the ball agains VINCE WILFORK and their inability to stop their running game.

Either that or, maybe we have a more talented group of WR this year - Graham with another year on him, Wood Goodwin and Easley replacing B Smith, R Martin, and D Jones

Or he knows that he could get in Doug's dog house if he acts irresponsibly....Dough is no Chan!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, why should Stevie say anything that would make the Patriots spend extra resources to shut him down! It's not like we have two incredibly fast receivers who can take the top of the defense and a running back who almost demands 8 men in the box. What will those three do if Stevie gets locked down?

whos bashing? Sj only runs 7 yard slants anyway.... simply stating facts, like how you state fitz sucked but that SJ's yards were some kind of gift from above. LOL how some fans try to play both sides. Fitz threw every yard of SJ's glorious 1000, lets see now, how EJ decides other WR's are better and throws to them instead. Will you cry for SJ when he becomes another has been?

So every single screen pass to CJ that he took for 40 yards means Fitz threw every yard of those too right?

Apparently yards after catch mean nothing.

I like what Stevie did here. Think about these four factors - Coach Marrone truly playing the cat n mouse game with whether or not EJ will start (I like EJ to start Sunday); very young roster; new coaching staff; It's the Patriots on Opening Day. Each factor could be a media circus. By Stevie throwing what he said out there, he has now redirected any potential media circus away from any one of those factors, most importantly EJ's status, to himself. I like what he did here and have ZERO problem with it. Wouldn't surprise me if he (Stevie) chatted with Coach Marrone first about Stevie's move with the media.

Edited by BillsinChesterSprings

I like what Stevie did here. Think about these four factors - Coach Marrone truly playing the cat n mouse game with whether or not EJ will start (I like EJ to start Sunday); very young roster; new coaching staff; It's the Patriots on Opening Day. Each factor could be a media circus. By Stevie throwing what he said out there, he has now redirected any potential media circus away from any one of those factors, most importantly EJ's status, to himself. I like what he did here and have ZERO problem with it. Wouldn't surprise me if he (Stevie) chatted with Coach Marrone first about Stevie's move with the media.

That sounds a bit more grassy knoll than I'd like to give credit for. But at this point, we've been waiting so long for the season to start any hype is something.

The headline, by design naturally, makes the comment more arrogant than I get from the whole interview.

Even so, glad to see it. Only losers worry about offending people by believing they can beat them.

Confidence is everything on the sports field and Stevie is taking that young WR core on his back and helping them build confidence.

Agree. The big cat and the enlightener get a little emotional whenever SJ is brought up in a thread. Just some major league hating all around.

SJ is money....and so is his attitude. Love the pats can't guard me talk.

Emotional? I posted his stat lines from Patriots* games:

6.5 games, 29 catches 367 yds 3 TDs

Of those three touchdowns: one put us within 8 points, the other, 14. The third we had a 7-0 lead when he scored.

No emotion. Just a factual response to "Pats can't stop me."

Would you expect any less of Stevie? I don't think that this is a shock the world statement. I really billieve (see what I did there?) that Stevie is a team player and he knows that if the pats do anything extra to cover him up that will free up our speed demons on this team for the long ball. I can see us going deep to Goodwin at least 2 times this game. I hope we have a starting QB that can connect so it opens up spiller for a big game. If they go one on one he knows that he can win against their CB's that's all he's saying here.

I have zero problem with this. A WR should always think he can beat the guy covering him. These types of comments are spewed all the time by WRs nd DBs (Ocho Cinco comes to mind). That is the type of ppsotion it is. You must think that way. Not everyone would voice it to the media, but the entire interview was in no way disrepectful. He gave credit to their secondary and to our other WRs. He just said he thought he could win the matchup. This also makes our rookie QBs, whoever it ends up being on Sunday, feel like if they are questionibg whether to throw it, THROW it to Stevie. In fact, as Stevie said, don't just trust that he'll make the catch - the other receivers will too. Maybe even moreso. Why is that important? Because Stevie is the #1 WR and will have the best coverage, and the others will be more open. When these rookie QBs are in the 1st real NFL game, they absolutely need that shot of confidence. I love it. Believe you are better. Believe you can win. I don't care if they rarely beat NE. These are two different teams than have ever played each other. The Bills are a huge underdog in Vegas and rightfully so. I don't expect them to win as a lifelong fan. But the players HAVE to think this way. I think the biggest thing they were harping on Mike & Mike this morning was that SJ didn't realize Chung was no longer there. I don't get the outrage with this. The film he has watched so far may have been what he has himself and not at practice. This is going to be last year's film. Why would he watch film of a vanilla defense played by guys in NE who have probably been cut by now from the preseason? Sorry, but Chung is not a household name and no one reported that he went to the Eagles because no one cares.

Would you expect any less of Stevie? I don't think that this is a shock the world statement. I really billieve (see what I did there?) that Stevie is a team player and he knows that if the pats do anything extra to cover him up that will free up our speed demons on this team for the long ball. I can see us going deep to Goodwin at least 2 times this game. I hope we have a starting QB that can connect so it opens up spiller for a big game. If they go one on one he knows that he can win against their CB's that's all he's saying here.

I don't approve of everything Stevie does or says. But I agree with everything you say. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

The headline, by design naturally, makes the comment more arrogant than I get from the whole interview.

Even so, glad to see it. Only losers worry about offending people by believing they can beat them.

Confidence is everything on the sports field and Stevie is taking that young WR core on his back and helping them build confidence.

Ding Ding Ding!!!

Efff em. Tired of the chicken $#^! attitude.

Ding Ding Ding!!!

Efff em. Tired of the chicken $#^! attitude.

BTW, this isn't college football. Any NFL team can beat any NFL team. Dinged up secondary, rookie QB, I don't care. The truth is that we still are going to field more talented p;ayers at several key positions. NE's defense may be worse that ours. I still think NE will win, before the Brady backers jump all over me. I know he will likely torch our secondary. But when you treat it like the Bills will be sacrificial lambs and might as well not even play, remember that the AZ Cardinals beat NE last year in Foxboro with KEVIN KOLB. And AZ might have had the worst OL in the league. You're welcome.

BTW, this isn't college football. Any NFL team can beat any NFL team. Dinged up secondary, rookie QB, I don't care. The truth is that we still are going to field more talented p;ayers at several key positions. NE's defense may be worse that ours. I still think NE will win, before the Brady backers jump all over me. I know he will likely torch our secondary. But when you treat it like the Bills will be sacrificial lambs and might as well not even play, remember that the AZ Cardinals beat NE last year in Foxboro with KEVIN KOLB. And AZ might have had the worst OL in the league. You're welcome.

:thumbsup:

This, this, and this over again. Stevie is just being Stevie, and I don't really think anything he said was out of line. I'm more concerned with what Tom Brady and HIS receiving core are going to do Sunday. He has to have a full-on woody at the thought of facing our secondary. He's carved up a whole heckuva lot better secondaries that we will put on the field Sunday. I just pray our front four can get some consistent pressure or it's gonna get ugly, real, real quick.

Luckily he has inexperienced WR's. We need to play an aggressive style all over. Blitz, keep one safety back, bump and run. As Tyson said, everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face. We need to "punch" the Pat's new WR's in the face the first series of the drive.

Yup.

Will say, I like Stevie most of the time. He seems humble and well intentioned. He's got a great possession receiver game, yet has a serious case of drops during important moments. Hopefully Woods, Easley or someone will push SJ into a more secondary role, where he more naturally fits.

Exactly. Hit Brady and the WR's all day. Hit them early. They will get out of sync and the game is ours.

I don't think Stevie is that smart to have this planned, but it may work out well, or it may blow up in his face....I choose to believe that our Bills with shock the world with our new team...I base this on years of being a Bills fan and have no emperical data to support my claims...but that's what following this team is about...Go Bills!

Luckily he has inexperienced WR's. We need to play an aggressive style all over. Blitz, keep one safety back, bump and run. As Tyson said, everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face. We need to "punch" the Pat's new WR's in the face the first series of the drive.

Agreed. I would love to see our corners play a little bit more bump and run.