Adam Schefter Picks Bills to Finish 2nd in AFC East

...a box of chocolates??

Close.

Byrd, Gilmore, Legursky out. No answers at CB whatsoever, Mario looks like Mary again, One WR, Rookie QBs, Rookie coaches, new guys in new defenses/offense; these guys are 3-4 IR-type injuries from 2 - 14. Sorry, but this edition of the Bills has ' Expansion team' written all over it. Love 'em, but... holy crap this team is thin and inexperienced and everything is new and untried. They will be better in the future.

Byrd won't miss many games, if any. Gilmore will probably miss 4 and once he is back, the CB corps will be much-improved. Legursky is a backup. WRs are better than before. There will be some growing pains, but the rest of the division isn't that great and the sked is manageable.

Byrd won't miss many games, if any. Gilmore will probably miss 4 and once he is back, the CB corps will be much-improved. Legursky is a backup. WRs are better than before. There will be some growing pains, but the rest of the division isn't that great and the sked is manageable.

This is exactly how I see it (I have some fear that Byrd may miss more than a couple games, however). I don't see our schedule as daunting as most. Great point about Legursky, too. If there has ever been a perennially poor-performing offensive line, it's been Pittsburgh's.

We are healthier at RB.

Better and deeper at WR.

Better at CB.

Better at LB.

Chandler is healthy.

Dareus and the Williamses are healthy.

We have a DC with recent success - for a division rival, nonetheless.

Chan is gone.

We were worse off last season in each of those areas ... And we STILL could have won almost every game our putrid D gave away (or Fitz failed to assemble a game-winning drive).

Accuse me of being a homer or looking through rose-colored glasses all you want. I don't see anything factual being presented that suggests this year's Bills are not better than last year's Bills. More importantly, I don't see where the Jets, Dolphins or the Patriots have gotten any better; from where I'm sitting, they all got worse.

GO BILLS!!!!

Byrd, Gilmore, Legursky out. No answers at CB whatsoever, Mario looks like Mary again, One WR, Rookie QBs, Rookie coaches, new guys in new defenses/offense; these guys are 3-4 IR-type injuries from 2 - 14. Sorry, but this edition of the Bills has ' Expansion team' written all over it. Love 'em, but... holy crap this team is thin and inexperienced and everything is new and untried. They will be better in the future.

You are right, this team is thin. If the 3 injuries were, for example, EJ, CJ and Feddy, we'd be unable to field a NFL calibre backfield.

But if the IR-type injuries happened to journeymen who aren't much better than their backups, then we could still have a good season.

The coaches aren't "rookies," they are merely new to the Bills and that's a great reason to be excited. Pettine's defenses were always in the top 5 when he was the Jets DC. Marrone's offenses when he was the Saints OC were highly productive.

Watching the Bills last year, I got the impression that the NFL passed Gailey and - especially - Wanny by. But Pettine and Marrone/Hackett are younger coaches with creative minds who are well-versed in all the newest ideas being tried both in collegiate and professional football. It's hard not to expect better game planning than last year. And better game planning makes players perform better.

This team needs 2 more CBs, a S to replace Byrd (unless he resigns next year), an OLB, and a G. Just as important as all that they need Manuel to get some seasoning and, well, prove the Bills right by drafting him in the 1st.

Hell, if just that last thing happens the Bills will be in playoff contention next year. This year, I just don't see it. It's going to be a very rough start to the season but the second half should be a marked improvement as the young guys start to get a feel for things and Gilmore comes back.

EJ will be fine from get go.. this is an easy offense to run for a guy with his skill set and we have TONS of speed on this team. A screen can go the distance at any time..

The thing that put the biggest damper on start of season is losing Gilmore. We lost a lockdown corner which is more important than ever this year with Pettine's D relying heavily on the blitz and leaving corners in man to man. Hopefully we can get enough pressure and get some sacks or disrupt some passes cuz if we dont... We will be seeing some VERY high scores rung up on us.

Byrd better be healthy enough to play in week 1. Without him and Gilmore.... just too scary especially vs the Maestro Tom Brady. Normally he finds a weak corner and picks on him, without Gilmore and possibly without Byrd manning centerfield, Brady will be foaming at the mouth cuz he will have an easy time finding a CB to pick on cuz we have such holes in that secondary.

Anyone picking anything for this team is just guessing.

You have barely anything to base any prediction on.

New QB(rookie).

New coaching staff.

New GM.

New players in key places MLB, QB, WR.

Who really knows. Things have worked out in the past and not worked out in the past when this much turn over has occured.

You could make more accurate predictions on teams like Jets, Phins, and Pats. they kept most of their core coaches and players there.

So i guess guys picking the Bills to finish ahead of the Phins or Jets are really saying- they think those two franchises took a step backwards so much the unknown in the Bills looks better?

Anyone picking anything for this team is just guessing.

You have barely anything to base any prediction on.

New QB(rookie).

New coaching staff.

New GM.

New players in key places MLB, QB, WR.

Who really knows. Things have worked out in the past and not worked out in the past when this much turn over has occured.

You could make more accurate predictions on teams like Jets, Phins, and Pats. they kept most of their core coaches and players there.

So i guess guys picking the Bills to finish ahead of the Phins or Jets are really saying- they think those two franchises took a step backwards so much the unknown in the Bills looks better?

Or .. they are grasping at something, anything, to talk about for the next few days when the season starts. They need to do something to get the paycheck.

Whether or not it means anything is irrelevant.

Edited by CodeMonkey

right :lol:

We will be lucky to beat the fins, Jets QB situation as bad as ours so who knows there.

So much uncertainty at the QB position for Buffalo this year with two rookies that haven't faced a 1st string defense for 4 QTRs. Secondary ravaged so bad they need to sign guys off the street to help out.

The Bills at least as bad as the Jets at QB even tho they have a bumpkin vet at QB in Sanchez. The Bills could easily be scary bad this season. Yea, even more so then Gailey / Jauron era. 3-13 sorta seems logical to me after watching the Buffalo Bills defense and run game the last two pre season games.

We all want the playoffs, I just don't see it happening anytime soon.