Looking ahead to this year

Heck its already 2005 so wait til next year means this year, so this is my way too early-don't hold me to 'em-worst to first is possible like never before- cut at what will happen with our record in this year's 2005 season.

Home: Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Broncos, Chiefs, Falcons, Panthers, Texans

Away: Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Buccaneers, Chargers, Saints, Raiders, Bengals

Home, I think I'm pretty conservative picking them to go 6-2 at home. The good news is that 8-0 is incredibly unlikely but that all 8 games are quite winnable. Depending on the way the season goes we will not be favored in every home game but we might easily be. Our worst chances off the top seem to be facing a NE team that clearly knows how to take advantage of Bledsoe. However, one has to ignore us beating them 31-0 at home last amd evem hanging with them for over 3 quarters this year to insist that this game is not winnable.

The Jets, Broncos and Falcs are the three 2004 season playoff teams we will face at home. Given the direction these three teams are heading in their development I suspect we cam handle the Jets at home again, the Broncs actually appear in disarray to me and the Falcs appear to be the second touhest home game on our schedule but with this mercurial team who knows.

Figure we beat one team we should lose to and lose to a team we should beat and I figure it shakes out at 6-2.

Road: Being optimistic, I think we can also produce a winning record on the road and finish 5-3. We finally have learned how to win on the road. Maybe its the cheeseburgers and also facing bad teams like SF. However, I was impressed by us beating a playoff team in Seattle and a good gut check game against an up and coming Bengals squad and by large margins each time.

Going 2-1 against division opponents on the road will be tough but it is doable. Yhe good news is that of the other 5 road games, only the Chargers are a playoff team and much remains to be seen how they handle their QB issues before we see what our chances are.

At amy rate this 11-5 record almost certainly makes the playoffs and depending upon how the ball bounces homefield advantage is not impossible to dream about.

From an initial view I like the schedule. Most playoff qualifying opponents are at home and always tough road opponents like the Chiefs and Broncs have to come to our house.

Heck its already 2005 so wait til next year means this year, so this is my way too early-don't hold me to 'em-worst to first is possible like never before- cut at what will happen with our record in this year's 2005 season.

Home: Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Broncos, Chiefs, Falcons, Panthers, Texans

Away: Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Buccaneers, Chargers, Saints, Raiders, Bengals

Home, I think I'm pretty conservative picking them to go 6-2 at home.  The good news is that 8-0 is incredibly unlikely but that all 8 games are quite winnable.  Depending on the way the season goes we will not be favored in every home game but we might easily be.  Our worst chances off the top seem to be facing a NE team that clearly knows how to take advantage of Bledsoe.  However, one has to ignore us beating them 31-0 at home last amd evem hanging with them for over 3 quarters this year to insist that this game is not winnable.

The Jets, Broncos and Falcs are the three 2004 season playoff teams we will face at home.  Given the direction these three teams are heading in their development I suspect we cam handle the Jets at home again, the Broncs actually appear in disarray to me and the Falcs appear to be the second touhest home game on our schedule but with this mercurial team who knows.

Figure we beat one team we should lose to and lose to a team we should beat and I figure it shakes out at 6-2.

Road: Being optimistic, I think we can also produce a winning record on the road and finish 5-3.  We finally have learned how to win on the road.  Maybe its the cheeseburgers and also facing bad teams like SF.  However, I was impressed by us beating a playoff team in Seattle and a good gut check game against an up and coming Bengals squad and by large margins each time.

Going 2-1 against division opponents on the road will be tough but it is doable. Yhe good news is that of the other 5 road games, only the Chargers are a playoff team and much remains to be seen how they handle their QB issues before we see what our chances are.

At amy rate this 11-5 record almost certainly makes the playoffs and depending upon how the ball bounces homefield advantage is not impossible to dream about.

From an initial view I like the schedule.  Most playoff qualifying opponents are at home and always tough road opponents like the Chiefs and Broncs have to come to our house.

206261[/snapback]

I believe its possible. But rather that we end up at 9 and 7 again with a wildcard spot. This year was a fluke where you needed 10 and 6 to get in.

As far as who leads the team at QB, I say 9 and 7 is achievable in EITHER case. But that we may want to try to win against NE and win the division. I think the choice would be clear in that case!