(Update) Jim Leonard back in Buffalo

RayFinkle

Damond Talbot ‏@drocksthaparty 7m

#BillsMafia Jim Leonard will be a Buffalo Bill... Confirmed

Oh, well, if "drocksthaparty" says it's "confirmed" i'm going to go out and buy a custom jersey. Confirmed by who? Dude's funneling beers and yelling "Bills Mafia!" in their parents basement?

And has anybody looked at Leonhard's last tweet? He doesn't sound very confident in his own abilities.....

@jimleonhard: Always a strange feeling when you potentially played your last football game. No matter what happens, thank you for the support.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign Leonard & Tebow....cut Searcy.

Tebow has three uses:

1. Media magnet

2. Selling jerseys to Christian fundamentalists

3. Tackling dummy

The three things that shouldn't be expected of him:

1. Play any position well enough to warrant making an nfl roster, in particular QB

2. Not to be a distraction among the fan base when reasonable people are taking about QBs

3. Throwing a kick a$$ party

Also I remember Eugene Parker making a big deal about what they were willing to do to get the deal they ultimately wanted... I really hope fasciitis isn't part of that whole posture,

I can say Byrds demeanor when asked about playing is interesting. He isn't saying I want to play, he isn't saying I hope to play, he's only saying he won't play if his body isn't ready. That's been the mantra even before fasciitis was publicized...

I see you're point, and feel that way about it as well at times. At the same time, I'm not sure how that helps his chances for a trade. He has no incentive not to play.

And has anybody looked at Leonhard's last tweet? He doesn't sound very confident in his own abilities.....

@jimleonhard: Always a strange feeling when you potentially played your last football game. No matter what happens, thank you for the support.

That's an odd interpretation of that tweet, to say the least.

Also I remember Eugene Parker making a big deal about what they were willing to do to get the deal they ultimately wanted... I really hope fasciitis isn't part of that whole posture,

I can say Byrds demeanor when asked about playing is interesting. He isn't saying I want to play, he isn't saying I hope to play, he's only saying he won't play if his body isn't ready. That's been the mantra even before fasciitis was publicized...

Byrd can't sign a big deal until next year and plantar fasciitis doesn't help him get that big deal at all.

That's an odd interpretation of that tweet, to say the least.

At this stage in his career, for him to voluntarily admit it's possibly over for him instead of the normal "time to keep grinding" like lines you always see - THAT'S odd.

Big deal? No, not really. But speculating you might have played your last down in the NFL doesn't scream confident to me.

You might want to look at his tackle numbers when he was with the Ravens & Jets. He played VERY WELL Ryan/Pettine's system.

IIRC, he made a lot of tackles on his first go-round as a Bill...since he was always two steps behind on making a play on the receiver.

At this stage in his career, for him to voluntarily admit it's possibly over for him instead of the normal "time to keep grinding" like lines you always see - THAT'S odd.

Big deal? No, not really. But speculating you might have played your last down in the NFL doesn't scream confident to me.

Any time you're cut from a team, there's the chance that could be the last time you get to suit up for someone. Especially for someone with a number of years in this league already. I see no issue with acknowledging that.

Seems wherever Jim Leonard goes, highly ranked defenses follow. Coincidence? I think not.

GO BILLS!!!

Think again. ;) Jim Leonhard can be very effective when he has very few duties and is the 11th best player on the field. Then he is smart, reliable, instinctive, and can run to the ball. He was terrible on the Bills when he was asked to cover on a regular basis. He was just cut from the Saints and they have an average defense. He was effective on the Ravens and Jets when he was the 11th best player on the field.

It's possible, I suppose, that Pettine thinks we're going to have a great pass rush and defense, and that if Byrd can't play for a game or two, that Leonhard will not be exposed as much as Searcy and Duke/Meeks. I guess that would make sense. But Leonhard is likely to get abused if he has to play if we don't have an absolute ferocious pass rush.

Think again. ;) Jim Leonhard can be very effective when he has very few duties and is the 11th best player on the field. Then he is smart, reliable, instinctive, and can run to the ball. He was terrible on the Bills when he was asked to cover on a regular basis. He was just cut from the Saints and they have an average defense. He was effective on the Ravens and Jets when he was the 11th best player on the field.

It's possible, I suppose, that Pettine thinks we're going to have a great pass rush and defense, and that if Byrd can't play for a game or two, that Leonhard will not be exposed as much as Searcy and Duke/Meeks. I guess that would make sense. But Leonhard is likely to get abused if he has to play if we don't have an absolute ferocious pass rush.

Do you think there was one iota of seriousness in my post?

That said, there's a lot to be said for a veteran presence on the back end that is well acquainted with the defense. But this mostly speaks to what they think they have in Byrd at the moment coupled with their fears that Searcy isn't getting it done.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

I know NoSaint enough to read between his lines... but what you are saying makes perfect sense.

Leonhard is a SS, though...

Do you think there was one iota of seriousness in my post?

:lol: My bad.

We did have three spots open. We desperately needed one more CB and signed one. We desperately need one more OG/C until Legursky is ready and will surely sign one to the active 53. And we desperately needed another QB if EJ was not able to go, and it looks like he is so we could get away with, ugh, 6 safeties for a week or two to see how Byrd comes back.

:lol: My bad.

We did have three spots open. We desperately needed one more CB and signed one. We desperately need one more OG/C until Legursky is ready and will surely sign one to the active 53. And we desperately needed another QB if EJ was not able to go, and it looks like he is so we could get away with, ugh, 6 safeties for a week or two to see how Byrd comes back.

They are gonna roll the dice until after week one in order to get their OG and QB.

I expect the S situation to be a problem all year, regardless.

GO BILLS!!!