PPP Weed Poll

dayman

Pick a weed policy  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a weed policy

• Completely legal (the new beer)
    • Medical use only (need a doctor to sign off)
    • Illegal but like a parking ticket (drug tests for employment etc remain..so your stoner kid still can't get a job))
    • Illegal in the way it is now in most places (better not have much or sell)
    • Even more illegal, time to crack down

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legalizing weed, to me, falls under the heading of "Be careful what you wish for..."

If I thought legalizing it would keep things as they are, only legal, I'd have no problem with it. The problem (I think) is that once it's legal, it begins to fall under federal and state rule, and the freedom to smoke where you want will be a small victory for anyone who wants it. What's Johnny Spliffmaker going to do when he just wants to grow his own and share with his friends, but finds out that while smoking dope is legal, it has to be FDA-approved dope, so growing his own is still illegal without a permit and adhering to federal regulations?

If dope smokers were smart, they'd be happy with the way things are now.

I'm not sure what 'completely legal' means. Considering the only current supply of pot is the equivalent of moonshine, it would be nothing like beer. There are no quality standards, saftey regulations, etc. Not to mention it's difficult to detect (DUI would presumably still apply).

I like the characterization of 'parking ticket', but your explanation of that dosn't seem to be on line. Your stoner kid can't get a job? My stoner nephew has a job. I had a job in HS/college. In fact, I've never taken a drug test in my life. How many people really have to take drug tests?

Legalizing weed, to me, falls under the heading of "Be careful what you wish for..."

If dope smokers were smart, they'd be happy with the way things are now.

You're right. I can see a few things. Number one the first time a daily doper takes a hit of FDA approved weed is going to say "WTF is this crap?!?!" Number two is going to be the 20 year old doper finding out he needs to be 21 to buy it. Number three is me getting stuck behind two dopers in line at the store laughing and taking 10 minutes discussing should they go with the plain or nacho cheese Doritos.

You're right. I can see a few things. Number one the first time a daily doper takes a hit of FDA approved weed is going to say "WTF is this crap?!?!" Number two is going to be the 20 year old doper finding out he needs to be 21 to buy it. Number three is me getting stuck behind two dopers in line at the store laughing and taking 10 minutes discussing should they go with the plain or nacho cheese Doritos.

Number three is already happening. Number two I don't really see happening, primarily because most of the weed people buy in California right now is medical weed two-stepped by someone with a card. From what my smoking friends tell me, it's kinda like Punch cigars; some are good, some are great, none are bad.

Edited by LABillzFan

According to a friend, the pot he buys in medical dispensaries in Colorado is better than any of the crap you can get from a dealer out here.

According to a friend, the pot he buys in medical dispensaries in Colorado is better than any of the crap you can get from a dealer out here.

Which will be far from the quality (or lack thereof) once the FDA begins to regulate it.

BTW what's his medical issue?

Edited by Chef Jim

So what you are saying is that I'm a dimwit because you made the same mistake as SOB did several days ago? You weren't even responding to SOB, you were responding to Chef Jim. Instead of taking the good natured ribbing standing up you are trying to pass off your mistake as sarcasm? You'd have done much better with just the "slamming head" emoticon. Somehow I get the feeling you could get a job with the Obama administration. DC Tom, America's version of Baghdad Bob.

So what you are saying is that I'm a dimwit because you made the same mistake as SOB did several days ago? You weren't even responding to SOB, you were responding to Chef Jim. Instead of taking the good natured ribbing standing up you are trying to pass off your mistake as sarcasm? You'd have done much better with just the "slamming head" emoticon. Somehow I get the feeling you could get a job with the Obama administration. DC Tom, America's version of Baghdad Bob.

Or I'm just trying to pass off my sarcasm as sarcasm, and you're a very very poor troll.