+11.5 Thoughts

Hello Bills Nation,

I was looking around at some NFL lines for week one and I couldn't help but notice the Bills are one of the biggest underdogs in Week 1.

As of current the Bills are getting 11.5 points.

I know the Pats should win the division and I know we should be huge underdogs. However, I figured because we are at home and we are still in Week 1 and figuring things out I thought the spread would be around 7.5 to 8.5.

I also think the QB situation (and the media drawing attention to it) has moved us into a bigger underdog position.

So what do you think? Is this line a little large or am I just a die hard homer?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Bills Nation,

I was looking around at some NFL lines for week one and I couldn't help but notice the Bills are one of the biggest underdogs in Week 1.

I know the Pats should win the division and I know we should be huge underdogs. However, I figured because we are at home and we are still in Week 1 and figuring things out I thought the spread would be around 7.5 to 8.5.

I also think the QB situation (and the media drawing attention to it) has moved us into a bigger underdog position.

So what do you think? Is this line a little large or am I just a die hard homer?

As much as it pains me to say this, HAMMER THE PATS. It's probably going to be 41-3 Pats.

Yep - pats will win by 20 plus if Tuel starts. We would need an amazing defensive performance and an offensive gameplan that won't handcuff our passing game worried that Tuel will make mistakes.

I just don't see how this game is close, really really wish we opened with jets at home this ear

Hello Bills Nation,

IIRC it was 7 until EJ got hurt and then Kolb got hurt

No.

Why are you all so down on Tuel? For most of the offseason he has looked like the best QB on the team.

I realize that aint saying much. But 2 things: (1) The best thing about a new coach, and not an NFL retread, is that he hasnt learned to fear the Patriots. (2) Tuel is a gamer. And he likes to look Downfield first, and take the checkdown only if he really has to. Since the Patriots dont have much of a secondary, I'm predicting:

Bills 31, NE 28.

No.

Why are you all so down on Tuel? For most of the offseason he has looked like the best QB on the team.

I realize that aint saying much. But 2 things: (1) The best thing about a new coach, and not an NFL retread, is that he hasnt learned to fear the Patriots. (2) Tuel is a gamer. And he likes to look Downfield first, and take the checkdown only if he really has to. Since the Patriots dont have much of a secondary, I'm predicting:

Bills 31, NE 28.

Lol. You seem to have a thing for qbs that "like to look downfield first". How is that even a good gauge of success at the nfl level. Jp liked to look downfield first for instance. I ve heard he threw a pretty deep ball too. But he is not even in the nfl now.

I would like to know: In the Brady Era how many times have the Pats covered against the Bills. The Lawyer Milloy game the Bills may have been favored at home, the other two wins prolly not. I think he is 25-3 against das Bills.

Guessing they've covered the vast majority.

I don't know what training camp reports you've been reading but just about all of the ones I've read repeatedly stated that Tuel struggled and was the worst QB in camp day after day. He had a couple of nice pre-season games (and a bad one) but that's no reason to suddenly think an undrafted FA who struggles in practice is suddenly going to be good enough to beat the Pats in a real game.