How NFL TV could change

djp14150

With the Us open going on now, not sure how many of you have heard that ESPN takes over the entire US Open in 2015 including the finals. They may subcontract some of the match coverage to CBS.

This change would likely effect how the NFL is broadcast.

This is my speculation.......

NFL will go to dual doubleheaders for week 1, week 17, and another week (either week 16 or a week in November sweeps). then the other 14 weeks would be single network DH.

Another option they add another bye week to make it 18 weeks...then only 2 dual DH weeks (first and last)

The NFL tried two bye weeks before and it didn't work so i don't see them trying it again

CBS recently launched a sports channel which is where they would probably broadcast the US Open if this happened

CBS and Fox pay a ton to broadcast the NFL so I don't see either bumping any of their 17 weeks for anything else

Edited by Max997

With the Us open going on now, not sure how many of you have heard that ESPN takes over the entire US Open in 2015 including the finals. They may subcontract some of the match coverage to CBS.

This change would likely effect how the NFL is broadcast.

This is my speculation.......

NFL will go to dual doubleheaders for week 1, week 17, and another week (either week 16 or a week in November sweeps). then the other 14 weeks would be single network DH.

Another option they add another bye week to make it 18 weeks...then only 2 dual DH weeks (first and last)

Not sure what you are saying...? ...or asking?

If I had to think of what NFLN would like to do I would believe that they continue their TNF, as it has been successful for them. I can also see them adding more to RedZone. Maybe 2 more channels. NFLN during the games does a tremendous job of going around the league. With another channel you could continue to do around the league on NFLN, Redzone on Redzone, a third channel showing concluded games scoring, highlights and updated with press conferences and news. The last channel would focus on stats geared at fantasy football. With commentary and stats updated real time it would draw a lot of ad rev.