Advice on listening to play by play at the Ralph

Sarah

Have done this in the past with varying degrees of success. You can buy a clip on waist radio at Walmart made by Sony for around 30$. That one always worked well. I have tried cheaper models in the past and they don't work well. However I haven't done it in a few years

Use your phone with tune in radio app and an ear bud. Or if you're even more old school than me and don't know what the hell I'm talking about, go to radio shack and get the head phones radio!

They make em in nice colors too I think.

Edited by beerme1

Buy a Sansa Clip and it is an MP3 player that has an FM radio function. I use it at the gym. When I go do cardio if I like what is on TV I just turn to the FM station of that tv up front if I am on a unit without a TV.

Also, Verizon has the NFL app and they stream broadcasts.

Good thread! When 97 Rock had the contract and was on the Bills radio network, their sister station 107.7 had the non-delayed PBP available online (via smartphones inside the stadium). Anyone know of a non-delayed broadcast available online?

Online streaming by it's very nature is delayed because it takes 30 seconds to a minute or more for the encoded audio to reach you.

PTR

Use your phone with tune in radio app and an ear bud. Or if you're even more old school than me and don't know what the hell I'm talking about, go to radio shack and get the head phones radio!

They make em in nice colors too I think.

Again streamed audio will be a good minute or two behind what's happening in the stadium. Your only option is an AM radio tuned to 1520.

Online streaming by it's very nature is delayed because it takes 30 seconds to a minute or more for the encoded audio to reach you.

PTR

Again streamed audio will be a good minute or two behind what's happening in the stadium. Your only option is an AM radio tuned to 1520.

You are right. Inside the stadium, 107.7 on regular FM radio worked, but it was not streamed. So my question is, is there any FM station that will carry the PBP live and non-delayed?

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of getting an MP3 player that has a radio component. I remember the last time I took a radio with me the delay in the play by play bothered me but at least I got some up to date information about the game. I am also going to see about using my phone with the radio streaming app.

Thanks again...

Fwiw, I will be standing behind you slightly slurring inaccurate stats and mispronouncing player names in an amplified tone. I will also be signaling first downs like Josh Reed. What else do you need?

Since I live in Cali, I need you to provide a live feed of yourself, that I can get over the internets.

. . . please?

(God I miss being at the Ralph. I was a pretzel vendor there '89-'91, walking around with my hot pretzels and mustard, up and down the stands. Free admission AND made some money to spend at Bocce's on the way home. Good times. Good times).

Edited by maddenboy

You are right. Inside the stadium, 107.7 on regular FM radio worked, but it was not streamed. So my question is, is there any FM station that will carry the PBP live and non-delayed?

The Bills website says 1520 AM is the non-delayed feed. No Buffalo FMs are carrying the Bills.

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of getting an MP3 player that has a radio component. I remember the last time I took a radio with me the delay in the play by play bothered me but at least I got some up to date information about the game. I am also going to see about using my phone with the radio streaming app.

Thanks again...

Well PTR I'm going to call this one a win for me. Ok?

Fwiw, I will be standing behind you slightly slurring inaccurate stats and mispronouncing player names in an amplified tone. I will also be signaling first downs like Josh Reed. What else do you need?

LOL man. You, me and 70,000 others but you have to admit it is actually nice to know what is happening on the field as opposed to what your lying eyes are seeing and what your drunken mouth is saying! FIRST DOWN!!!!! lol bro

I have tried listening to wgr550 for the preseason games, and they block the games now. It's just a looped recording during gametime now, of someone saying "Due to NFL restrictions, streaming of this game is unavailable"... I would be extremely interested in finding out another way to listen to the game,, if anybody knows something I would really appreciate it.

I have tried listening to wgr550 for the preseason games, and they block the games now. It's just a looped recording during gametime now, of someone saying "Due to NFL restrictions, streaming of this game is unavailable"... I would be extremely interested in finding out another way to listen to the game,, if anybody knows something I would really appreciate it.

That block is only for app streams like TuneIn and the WGR app. If you go to WGR.com's main site the stream works.