Light up, everybody!

I'll take "Intentionally mischaracterizing the argument" for 500, Alex.

Bzzzzz... Pick me Alex. Pick ME!

"Who is Take You To Tasker."

Johnny... Tell the young man from Illinois what he has won.

Go easy on me Johnny! Go easy!

(I know, it is a mash-up of game shows)

:-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Keep the government out of my ****! We don't need more Motherment!

Oh wait...those hippies want to smoke pot? That woman wants to have an abortion?!?! They can't do that - it's immoral!

!@#$ing hypocrites...lol

Now let's see where would the govenment would be more involved in our lives. Hmmm, let me think about it. Oh I've got it! Legalizing something that's pretty damn easy to ger now and taxing it to do who knows what with the money and then regulating the **** out of it.

I'll take "Intentionally mischaracterizing the argument" for 500, Alex.

Progressives must miss the days when their policies weren't so overwhelmingly hated that these types of arguments made sense to someone other than their own. Unfortunately for progs, their ideology is in full swing and proving embarrrasing on multiple fronts, so people like Gene have been reduced to being the Tim Grahams of the political world; saying something in hopes anyone will hear them, even if by accident.

Progressives must miss the days when their policies weren't so overwhelmingly hated that these types of arguments made sense to someone other than their own. Unfortunately for progs, their ideology is in full swing and proving embarrrasing on multiple fronts, so people like Gene have been reduced to being the Tim Grahams of the political world; saying something in hopes anyone will hear them, even if by accident.

It only appears that way to you because you've become old and set in your ways. Your perception is completely skewed by your increasingly polarized worldview.

That's what happens when you only surround yourself with input which simply reinforces your beliefs.

It only appears that way to you because you've become old and set in your ways. Your perception is completely skewed by your increasingly polarized worldview.

That's what happens when you only surround yourself with input which simply reinforces your beliefs.

Actually, it's precisely the opposite. For years I just followed the political drumbeat of the GOP leaders. And then one day I stopped because their drumbeat sounded much like yours. This is where you probably argue that I stopped listening when a black man was on the ballot, but it was, again...just the opposite. The more I tried to justify John McCain as a Republican in my own mind...the more i realized how similar his drumbeat sounded to yours. Admitting this was not easy for me, as I found myself in smaller company, but also away from the ridiculous ideologies and arguments made by fools like you and McCain alike.

Edited by LABillzFan