Columbus, OH bills fan

Sunday Ticket is not giving me any discounts this year and I have decided that I am just going to watch the games this year at a local Bills Backers bar. I heard of this place last year called Spoonz or something like that here in the Columbus area and was just wondering if anybody from the Columbus has been there and what the atmosphere is like

In all cerealness, if you are new to Columbus you have a lot to learn and appreciate. Columbus is diverse with folks from all around - and therefore, you will find a ton of good bars. You have your college bars, your post grad bars, and your bar/club combos - but look around enough you'll find some great places to catch sports action. At the very worst, go to Dave And Busters up off 270.

Columbus is one of my favorite cities.

Sunday Ticket is not giving me any discounts this year and I have decided that I am just going to watch the games this year at a local Bills Backers bar. I heard of this place last year called Spoonz or something like that here in the Columbus area and was just wondering if anybody from the Columbus has been there and what the atmosphere is like

I was there a few years ago, it is on Sawmill Rd. (North toward Powell). It was fun but have not been back because I moved from Dublin and it is kind of a hike. You should check it out though and report back!

When I lived there, I used to watch bills games at a Buffalo Wild Wings on south main, few blocks south of downtown. I still remember going nuts with this other bills fan over our 2003 31-0 opening day win over the pats. We were like, "finally, we are good again!" Boy, how wrong we were....

I think that B-Dubs is closed now... :(

In all cerealness, if you are new to Columbus you have a lot to learn and appreciate. Columbus is diverse with folks from all around - and therefore, you will find a ton of good bars. You have your college bars, your post grad bars, and your bar/club combos - but look around enough you'll find some great places to catch sports action. At the very worst, go to Dave And Busters up off 270.

Columbus is one of my favorite cities.

Yes it is an awesome place to live. Plus, all the Browns fans here understand us. We just get each other. It's like a pity party all season.

I was there a few years ago, it is on Sawmill Rd. (North toward Powell). It was fun but have not been back because I moved from Dublin and it is kind of a hike. You should check it out though and report back!

I think that B-Dubs is closed now... :(

Yes it is an awesome place to live. Plus, all the Browns fans here understand us. We just get each other. It's like a pity party all season.

I have watched a number of games at Spoonz and its great to be among fellow Bills fans. The bar is nothing special (in a strip mall) but there's plenty of TVs, they will have the audio on the speakers, and there is usually some drink specials I think. No food at the place but lots of times people will bring stuff to share and there's also a papa johns or something right next door that you can bring in. Obviously a very friendly place for Bills fans but it's a hike for me from Bexley. Have had the ticket for 5 years or so and haven't been there much since I got it.

That B dubs on south high did close a few years ago. I used to frequent there around 2006-2007 as I lived around the corner in Brewers Yard apartments. I was usually the only Bills fan in there cursing at whatever small TV they would put the game on for me.

Cbus is a good and underrated city I think. What area of cbus do you live in? I could suggest some other places that wouldn't necessarily be Bills bars but would still be a good place to watch a game.

I tried to go to Spoonz once, but it was way out in the boonies (isn't it like way north off of 270?), and I couldn't find it. I lived in german Village.

Agree--the BW3 on South Main kinda stunk. I usually had a tiny TV in the corner, with no sound (if I was lucky-- i.e., a few times I had to beg the bartender to put on the Bills' game).

When I moved away and bought my first house, the first purchase i made was Sunday Ticket. No bar sports bars for me...

Yes, Spoonz is in Dublin (Sawmill) going North toward Powell and it is a bit hidden as a previous poster mentioned as it is in a shopping center. I wish there were more Bills bars here, but what do you expect. They sure do have their share of Steelers bars though. Sheesh.

Ive been there once and my best buddy watched every Bills game there for 5 years. The owner is from Buffalo. Enough said

Sounds like a great place then

I have watched a number of games at Spoonz and its great to be among fellow Bills fans. The bar is nothing special (in a strip mall) but there's plenty of TVs, they will have the audio on the speakers, and there is usually some drink specials I think. No food at the place but lots of times people will bring stuff to share and there's also a papa johns or something right next door that you can bring in. Obviously a very friendly place for Bills fans but it's a hike for me from Bexley. Have had the ticket for 5 years or so and haven't been there much since I got it.

That B dubs on south high did close a few years ago. I used to frequent there around 2006-2007 as I lived around the corner in Brewers Yard apartments. I was usually the only Bills fan in there cursing at whatever small TV they would put the game on for me.

Cbus is a good and underrated city I think. What area of cbus do you live in? I could suggest some other places that wouldn't necessarily be Bills bars but would still be a good place to watch a game.

I live just north of the city, in westerville

I live about 5 mins from there...watch about 2-3 games there each year as I have season tix and watch the rest of the games I don't attend on Sunday ticket.

Spoonz is a nice laid back bar to catch the game with local bills fans. Free food (people bring in wings) and food is free. My preferred place to watch a bills game

Sounds like a great place then

I live just north of the city, in westerville

Depending on where you are in Westerville, it might not be too far to get to spoonz. From Polaris take 71 south to 270 west. Get off at sawmill rd, go north and take a right into the shopping plaza with play it again sports. Spoonz sits in the corner. Probably 15 minutes total from Polaris/71. If you want to stay closer to Westerville, there is a Buffalo Wild Wings on Polaris about half a mile east of 71. Also a tilted kilt over on Sancus which intersects Polaris just west of the mall. Small dave and busters on back side of polaris mall. Another good sports bar that's a little more low key and basic is classics on state rt 3. Take Polaris east to rt 3 and turn right, classics sits in the big shopping plaza. Cheap beer and decent food but may want to confirm that they have the ticket first (pretty sure they do). Lots of other smaller places around Westerville and polaris that most likely have the ticket. ( carribean jerks west end of Polaris, possibly rusty bucket on polaris or old bag of nails pub uptown)

I see you are familiar with Columbus, too.

I was born and raised in Buffalo, now have lived in C-bus since 1997. It is driving me crazy that everyone is referring to the Ohio State-Buffalo game tomorrow. For goodness sake, it is "UB", not "Buffalo"! Also, I guarantee I am the only person who is driving from Columbus to Buffalo tomorrow morning to watch the Ohio State-UB game, which is being played in Columbus. Haha. We always visit my family for Labor Day weekend. We are leaving at 5am to make sure we get there in time.

I was born and raised in Buffalo, now have lived in C-bus since 1997. It is driving me crazy that everyone is referring to the Ohio State-Buffalo game tomorrow. For goodness sake, it is "UB", not "Buffalo"! Also, I guarantee I am the only person who is driving from Columbus to Buffalo tomorrow morning to watch the Ohio State-UB game, which is being played in Columbus. Haha. We always visit my family for Labor Day weekend. We are leaving at 5am to make sure we get there in time.

I moved to Buffalo a little over a year ago. I am Ohio born and raised and an OSU alum. Cleveland then Columbus then back to Cleveland. I'm first a Browns fan, but am trying to embrace the Bills as well. At least nobody can say I'm front running.

Its been a dozen years since I lived there, but even then Columbus had a lot to offer. Restaurants and bars galore. (At least we got a Bravo! here. Now come on, Cameron! Just a Fish Market or something.) It lacked the old city structure of Cleveland like ethnic neighborhoods and cultural offerings - museums, world class orchestra, etc., but had much more to offer to a younger crowd. It's a good place to live especially for the younger crowd.

One thing I will say, the Buckeye homerism and incessant coverage even bothered me, an alum. Just ask Kirk Herbstreit about that. And so few of that crowd actually understands the game.

Edited by BarleyNY