You be the GM....

texasabres

Okay, I think the Bills cannot be helped by a straight up trade at this point, but we need talent, look like we will have a top draft pick, and have a few proven players who are neither winners nor long-term solutions.

Is there a three-way deal out there that is 1) realistic and 2) will provide long-term culture change? I am thinking of the famous Biscuit trade with this thread, obviously. Seems like the only way to get talent.

Any suggestions?

Edited by texasabres

The Cornelius Bennett trade was referred to as the trade of the decade and involved 2 potential hall of fame players.

Don't think that any kind of trade like that--or even any three-team trade-- is even possible in today's NFL. In fact, other that Cornelius trade, has there ever been a 3-team trade?

Wait till after this weekend to see what key players get hurt around the league. If key players go down, you might see some desperation moves. Other than that, I don't think you will see any trades. GMs will be pawing over all the players who will be released in the next few days.

Trades like that are only made to put the last piece of the puzzle in place.

We gave up Greg "Tinker" Bell, two #1s and a #2 to get the rights to Biscuit.

So, comparably you're positing that we give up CJ and our next two #1s and a #2 to bring in exactly what/who?

I'm no GM, and thankfully the OP isn't either, but I wouldn't do that for a Manning. That's not the piece(s) that is (are) missing.

I wouldn't suggest CJ. Bell and CJ are not comparable players. Byrd may be. K. Williams may be. There are players out there who could be gotten. You all know more than me about other teams' rosters. What I am asking is is there a 3-way trade that would make sense for the Bills?

The Cornelius Bennett trade was referred to as the trade of the decade and involved 2 potential hall of fame players.

Don't think that any kind of trade like that--or even any three-team trade-- is even possible in today's NFL. In fact, other that Cornelius trade, has there ever been a 3-team trade?

Actually, I'm not sure. That is a great question.

Trades like that are only made to put the last piece of the puzzle in place.

We gave up Greg "Tinker" Bell, two #1s and a #2 to get the rights to Biscuit.

So, comparably you're positing that we give up CJ and our next two #1s and a #2 to bring in exactly what/who?

I'm no GM, and thankfully the OP isn't either, but I wouldn't do that for a Manning. That's not the piece(s) that is (are) missing.

When you post that, if that was the actual rights to get Biscuit we should have run Polians ass outta town the next day : :w00t:

And as far as giving up CJ at this point on this team and our next two # 1s and a #2 ?? Really dude? Really? :sick: But then I read your last line and realized, I need to chill the !@#$ out! :beer: