McDonald's trying their hand at the wing business

Beerball

"Wings is a major move" says Scott Hume, editor of the BurgerBusiness blog, which broke the news Monday. "It's like the Colonel adding a cheeseburger."

The KFC I go by on my way to work is also an A&W restaurant. I can get a cheeseburger and 3 piece meal there.

Oh, and maybe I'm mistaken, but hasn't McD had wings in the past? I thought I've had them there before, maybe it was a limited trial run.

It may be local thing too... On how well they taste?

In the past, during the fall/football season, McD's in the Chicago Tristate (Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana) has been known to sell brats. Yes, brats... As in beer brats. Not those douchebag little children you see acting up for their parents. :-)

Actually, not bad tasting... The brats that is.

It may be local thing too... On how well they taste?

In the past, during the fall/football season, McD's in the Chicago Tristate (Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana) has been known to sell brats. Yes, brats... As in beer brats. Not those douchebag little children you see acting up for their parents. :-)

Actually, not bad tasting... The brats that is.

Some McD's have regional items like the brats you mentioned. Some New England area ones had lobster rolls. This article is about the Canadian version, but I have seen it advertised when I'd be working out towards Boston....

http://www.grubstreet.com/2013/07/mclobster-canada-mcdonalds.html

Some McD's have regional items like the brats you mentioned. Some New England area ones had lobster rolls. This article is about the Canadian version, but I have seen it advertised when I'd be working out towards Boston....

http://www.grubstreet.com/2013/07/mclobster-canada-mcdonalds.html

Does it sound bad if I say: "That looks good." ;-)

...And: "Mom, do you want my green stuff?"

First person to name that movie (and actor) where that line is from (without cheating) gets an attaboy (or attagirl). :-)

• 5 months later...

Fast food wings? That's gotta be as nasty as the recipe for microwaved wings someone once shared here.

I mean, they are simply fried chicken pieces, it's not high end gourmet. I wouldn't expect them to be GREAT but chicken in hot oil isn't rocket surgery either.