amount spent on alcohol/cigarettes monthly

millbank

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a wine cellar for my birthday last year. You don't want to know what my average wine bill is. Now that I have somewhere to age it I feel compelled to by the good stuff. But I'm beginning to find out there are alot of good wines in the $10-$15 dollar range. Unfortunately you have to taste alot to find the good ones. :lol:

By smoking, I presume you mean tobacco. Cigars are my big vice, coupled with beer & Crown Royal totals approx $230/mo :lol:

205628[/snapback]

well, im sure some people take certain liberties and should feel free to include the expenses related to those pursuits(illegal or legal)

Zero on smoking & drinking.

About $5-10 a month on gambling if you count lottery & office pools.

If Indy wins on Sunday & Pittsburgh wins the Super Bowl I'll probably win around $130 in an office pool & I won't spend a cent on gambling this year.

I used to blow about $1,000-$1,500 a month at OTB/track but gave that up in 1998.

Got a wine cellar for my birthday last year.  You don't want to know what my average wine bill is.  Now that I have somewhere to age it I feel compelled to by the good stuff.  But I'm beginning to find out there are alot of good wines in the $10-$15 dollar range.  Unfortunately you have to taste alot to find the good ones.  :huh:

205800[/snapback]

why dont you just make your own wine?

i dont smoke cigs but i spend about 200$ / month on pot and around 100-200$ on alcohol

Alkeehol: ~$25/month

Various narcotics: ~$25/month

Online Poker: ~25-50/month

I play mostly low stakes sit-downs at Pacific Poker.......3 out of the last 4 months I've been in the black to the tune of a car payment. I've found that if you're willing to put in the time to be a 'scrapper' type player online, you can actually develop a nice little secondary profit center.

By the way, is there anyone else who thinks Samuel Adams beer is pretty damn good? I typically don't find much difference among the lagers, but I picked up some Samuel Adams light the other day and thought it really did taste better........maybe I was just really thirsty.

Alkeehol: ~$25/month

Various narcotics: ~$25/month

Online Poker: ~25-50/month

I play mostly low stakes sit-downs at Pacific Poker.......3 out of the last 4 months I've been in the black to the tune of a car payment. I've found that if you're willing to put in the time to be a 'scrapper' type player online, you can actually develop a nice little secondary profit center.

By the way, is there anyone else who thinks Samuel Adams beer is pretty damn good? I typically don't find much difference among the lagers, but I picked up some Samuel Adams light the other day and thought it really did taste better........maybe I was just really thirsty.

206183[/snapback]

Sam Adams Light is quality brew - that can't be said for many American made beers, especially of the low cal variety.

Sam Adams Light is quality brew - that can't be said for many American made beers, especially of the low cal variety.

206185[/snapback]

Yeah, that's got to be it......I usually go with an import if I want a beer with dinner or during a game or whatever.......A nice cold Corona usually hits the spot, but this Sam Adams stuff is a domestic that can give it a run.

My brother keeps telling me to try Newcastle........guess that's next on my list. You ever had that brand, AD?

Yeah, that's got to be it......I usually go with an import if I want a beer with dinner or during a game or whatever.......A nice cold Corona usually hits the spot, but this Sam Adams stuff is a domestic that can give it a run. 

My brother keeps telling me to try Newcastle........guess that's next on my list.  You ever had that brand, AD?

206191[/snapback]

No. Though I might tomorrow if it's at the festival. :huh:

I primarily drink Chimay Grand Reserve (Belgian Ale) but am not nearly the beer drinker I was even a couple of years ago. Now it's mostly vodka with a slice of lime. Not because I don't still love my brew but mostly because I don't like the heavy feeling.

No.  Though I might tomorrow if it's at the festival.  :huh:

I primarily drink Chimay Grand Reserve (Belgian Ale) but am not nearly the beer drinker I was even a couple of years ago.  Now it's mostly vodka with a slice of lime.  Not because I don't still love my brew but mostly because I don't like the heavy feeling.

206196[/snapback]

I wish I could do the vodka thing.......When I was 20 I drank to the point of being sick one too many times......I definitely don't regret having a "stupid, crazy" year of my life, but one of the adverse effects of that year was that I just can't drink liquor anymore.....not even a little. The mere taste of it - no matter how slight - can literally make me ill. It really sucks, cause there are nights I would love to just do a shot or drink something along your lines, but I just can't do it. So I'm left to choose among beer, smirnoff ICE/cooler type drinks, or wine. I'd love to have more of a taste for some red wine, but beer usually wins out. *sigh*