amount spent on alcohol/cigarettes monthly

millbank

Same here, though lately I've been going to the hole in the walls more often.  Maybe I'm getting old, but I don't like the "too crowded to walk, too loud to hear my friends, $6/beer" places anymore.  I mean if you're sleeping alone after going to a place like that, the entire night just feels like a waste, because that's the only potential positive. 

205541[/snapback]

exactly. If the hot chicks would go to the hole-in-the-wall bars, I'd go there. 80% of my time, even at the $8/drink clubs is spent BSing with my friends... and I could do that at a dive with $8 pitchers... however, I enjoy my girls with a full set of teeth....

the price to pay...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easily $250+ on booze. I go out with friends quite a bit and that ranges from $50- 120. I buy a 12 or a case when I go over to a friends house for football. A bottle something for the host of a party. The girl I'm seeing has expensive taste in wine, so that adds quite a bit.

Damn, maybe I have a problem? :lol:

At least I don't smoke. :lol:

total smoking costs for a given week = $20-25

booze costs = 20.00

x4

$160-$200

Winter in buffalo, not so much else to do these days......

wait though, ive already won $75 playing cards, so for this month it'll be like $80!!!

<chik>

No but it is a game of skill.

I have sessions that I lose, but I win much more than I lose.

205661[/snapback]

Oh lord, here we go again...

NO ONE wins more than they lose... NO ONE.

Why? Because when you win a tournament (and by you signature you know winning only means coming in first), you win a high multiple of what you put in..

Now, if ANYONE won 51% or more of every tourney they joined, they would NEVER EVER have to work again.

In a tourney, depending on size, a good living could be made by winning 20% of your tournaments.

I'm guessing the people you play against are awful, or your " I win much more than I lose" is just wrong.

Oh lord, here we go again...

NO ONE wins more than they lose... NO ONE.

Why? Because when you win a tournament (and by you signature you know winning only means coming in first), you win a high multiple of what you put in..

Now, if ANYONE won 51% or more of every tourney they joined, they would NEVER EVER have to work again.

In a tourney, depending on size, a good living could be made by winning 20% of your tournaments.

I'm guessing the people you play against are awful, or your " I win much more than I lose" is just wrong.

205665[/snapback]

Let me try to explain this one more time. You can play CASH GAMES Steve. CASH GAMES.

You know, you sit down with 300 dollars in front of you and play individual pots. When you are ready to leave the table you get up and leave.

How many times do I have to explain this to you?

Let me try to explain this one more time.  You can play CASH GAMES Steve.  CASH GAMES.

You know, you sit down with 300 dollars in front of you and play individual pots.  When you are ready to leave the table you get up and leave.

How many times do I have to explain this to you?

205678[/snapback]

Yeah, Steve, what kind of an idiot are you? Haven't you been reading BF's "Poker Hand of the Week" blog like the rest of us? :lol:

Yeah, Steve, what kind of an idiot are you?  Haven't you been reading BF's "Poker Hand of the Week" blog like the rest of us?  :lol:

205694[/snapback]

You read my blog huh?

I'll be honest, it's tough to get through to someone who thinks the only type of poker game is a tournament.

I would say I spend about $100-150 a month on alcohol. I have 5 or 6 local bars where I drink for free or ridiculously cheap. Most of my money goes to tips. I also have a full stocked bar and entertain alot. I have expensive tastes too- Centenaire is my favorite. I like wines alot too and enjoy wine with dinner

I see it's been viewed a lot though.

205785[/snapback]

Well...according to the National Sleep Foundation, about 40 million Americans suffer from a chronic sleep disorders, and an additional 20-30 million are affected by intermittent sleep-related problems...