"Continuum" on SyFy Channel

ajzepp

I was browsing www.instantwatcher.com trying to see what some of the latest and greatest additions to Netflix streaming have been when I came across the description for this show on SyFy. I went ahead and watched the first episode of Season 1 and it caught me off guard how much I enjoyed it. I just got finished watching episode 2 and I think I'm already hooked. Looks like it's currently in the second season, and there is a marathon coming up on 8/30 on SyFy, so if the remainder of S1 holds my interest I'm going to check out that marathon and/or put it on the DVR.

Anyone else watching this show? Does it hold up beyond the first few episodes?

(please use spoiler tags as needed...thanks!)

I've watched it from the start (although I'm a few episodes behind at the moment) and like it, but I'm a sci-fi fan in general (the genre, not the channel). You might get a less biased opinion from someone else.

Would you say that since you're a fan of the genre that you hold sci-fi programs to a higher standard, though? Or are you the type of fan who will watch anything under that heading even if it's a steaming pile?

It's more like I'm willing to at least initially check out most anything, hoping it will be good - - because the really good sci-fi stuff can be pretty imaginative. And imaginative doesn't correlate with how big the budget is.

There's definitely stuff that I turn away from, though. I think the SyFy channel is a mixed bag. Some stuff is pretty good, but there's also stuff so bad it's comical.

I guess I keep hoping for a repeat of my "Terminator" experience. At the time I was unattached and had a job that required very long hours, and I lived near a $1 cinema that showed first run movies on a delayed basis just before they were released on VHS. So sometimes after work I'd spend a buck and go see the 10 pm showing of whatever was playing there to decompress. I stumbled onto the original Terminator movie one night, which I had never heard of, and was blown away by it.

Anyway, I hope Continuum thrives - - I like it a lot. If you see much of it, I'd be curious what you think

Nice, thanks guys...sounds like it's a go then...looking forward to watching a couple more tonight.

The first Terminator film scared the HELL out of me...I saw it in the late 80s for the first time when I was round 15 or so...I had nightmares about the carcass crawling after her in the warehouse for months.