P&P Releases Due To Money or FO Incompetence ??

T master

Why does it seem that when ever a great player is in a Bills uni the FO (or who ever) decides he isn't worth the money to keep around ??

I was just watching a part of the Redskins preseason game & they where giving props to London Fletcher who as we remember was in a Bills uni what some 10 years ago ? The guy was loved here & we had a relevant Dwhile he was here & he was a surprised that they didn't want to keep him here as the fans !

Then look at what he has done since he left , he could have been doing it in a Bills uni

BUT NO !! :wallbash: :wallbash:

There is a long line of players that have walked & i understand with FA & the stupid money that teams are willing to pay we can't keep them all & we will more than likely lose some more along the way .

But who is in charge of making that final decision on weather or not the players should or shouldn't be kept ? The entire Byrd thing is now the focus of this topic .

If we (as if we actually have any say) if the Bills are smart like say a Patriots team would be they would trade a player if not happy here for a high draft pick & at least get something going forward ...

I know there has been articles posted here on this subject in the past & forgive me for going there again but our disappointment over the last 13 or so years :cry: could have been a lot less if who ever makes such decisions would use their head for something more than a hat rack & keep more of our guys around that actually make a difference !!

Edited by T master

The year we let Fletcher go we signed Langston Walker to a 5 year $25 Million contract, the same length and money Fletcher got with the Redskins. It's not that the Bills haven't been willing to pay, they just haven't identified and paid the right people.

In Byrds case when the 2012 season ended the top paid safeties were making high 7's to 8 mil

Then San Fran and Tampa come in and now its closer to 9 mil.. At what point do you stop chasing the number ? or should teams always cave to the Parkers and the egos of players that simply must be the highest paid at their position or bust..

I think Byrd is a bit of an idiot for not signing a top 5 contract with guarenteed money that owuld more then take care of him for life and give hm the security he would want all for a silly ego boost to be the highest paid...

Edited by ddaryl

BECAUSE !!!

Dammit...beat me to it.

Can't wait for the usual culprits to join in and B word and moan about past mistakes made by the FO. Crusade away, fellas!

Yes. While we are at it, let's re-convict Donahoe.

I was thinking the other day: we can trace so many problems, that aren't problems now, or, are at the very least on their way to not being problems now, back to bad Donahoe decisions.

So, in that light, yes, we are still suffering from many of those decisions, and yes, our 13 year bad run will always be ~75% due to him.

However, pretending like this FO = that FO, is patently retarded.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.