Google to bid on Sunday Ticket? (link inside)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this comment:

I have already disabled my google account, youtube and my gmail. Google is in the back pocket of the Obama administration and the one world regime. Google buying the NFL Sunday Ticket will be a game changer and in the long run will destroy the game of football as we know it.

Well..... ok.

I'm surprised the tinfoil lining his underground bunker doesn't interfere with his internet connection...

(I'm assuming a man wrote that)

Wonder if he realizes that a decent chunk of the internet runs on Google servers, and through Google's DNS.

On topic. Personally, I'd rather see Apple get it, because I have an Apple TV. BUT, if Apple opens up the Apple TV to apps, then I don't really care, as long as an app is released hah.

You would probably only get audio like with Preseason Live.

On topic. Personally, I'd rather see Apple get it, because I have an Apple TV. BUT, if Apple opens up the Apple TV to apps, then I don't really care, as long as an app is released hah.

Yes, back on topic, because I geek out over content delivery systems (seriously).

No way Apple is setup to deliver...

Listening to those guys was mind-numbing. Does google have the ability to support the infrastructure??? Seriously?

I'm perplexed as to what Google would do with it exactly.

My hope would be that it would really push the blackout ban.

Time to drop 30 bucks on that Chromecast.

Yup, I'd be ok with that as long as the Sunday Ticket package isn't some obscene price. :)

(I have a Nexus 7 that I use to play around with Android)

Edited by Dorkington

Do you think they would have the sole rights? If that's the case, that would really blow. Who wants to watch a full game on your computer?

It's just for the rights of the package. Not viewing. From my understanding anyways. Which is why they were talking about DTV taking a hit if they lost it. You'd still get your local broadcasts.

Edited by The Wiz

It's just for the rights of the package. Not viewing. From my understanding anyways. Which is why they were talking about DTV taking a hit if they lost it. You'd still get your local broadcasts.

Right.

But many people purchase the Ticket because they don't live in Buffalo anymore. Who wants to watch a full Bills game on their desktop? I don't.

Right.

But many people purchase the Ticket because they don't live in Buffalo anymore. Who wants to watch a full Bills game on their desktop? I don't.

I gotcha. Well like they said, with all the tv's now having the built in apps it would probably be linked in off of something they have. Same with the Roku.

Chromecast via HDMI on an HDTV would also be viable not to mention Smart HDTVs with built-in browsers.

Like he said.

Edited by The Wiz

They've been streaming live sports via youtube. They'd do the same with the NFL on a subscription basis.

Yup.

They'd be stupid to limit only to Chromecast. If they do it, it will be on a secure Youtube channel by subscription only. Then, they'll work out the licensing rights to TV players (Chromecast, Roku, AppleTV) to stream to regular TVs.