Metal fans...is this anything?

PromoTheRobot

Great choices 122.

Also a big fan of KSE and I agree, As Daylight Dies is fantastic all the way through. :thumbsup:

Seriously just an incredible album. That said what are you listening to these days? I find most of my taste is stuck in a time warp. I haven't found many new bands so if you have suggestions I'm all ears!

Seriously just an incredible album. That said what are you listening to these days? I find most of my taste is stuck in a time warp. I haven't found many new bands so if you have suggestions I'm all ears!

For brand new music I am ashamed to say my girlfriend has somehow influenced me to listen to country occasionally, when on my own even. :death:

I'm a big blues fan too so I picked up Buddy Guy's new album that dropped a couple weeks ago recently.

However for metal I am in the same boat as you in that I haven't found anything brand new I like a lot . Black Sabbath's new release was great but I don't think that really qualifies.

Today at work I have been listening to old Atreyu and Deftones. Earlier this year I did pick up the new release by Amon Amarth because I thought their last two albums were pretty good. This is one is along the same lines. If you haven't heard of them I guess you would classify it as Melodic Viking Metal. These guys have also been around for a little while so again not sure it qualifies as "new".

For brand new music I am ashamed to say my girlfriend has somehow influenced me to listen to country occasionally, when on my own even. :death:

I'm a big blues fan too so I picked up Buddy Guy's new album that dropped a couple weeks ago recently.

However for metal I am in the same boat as you in that I haven't found anything brand new I like a lot . Black Sabbath's new release was great but I don't think that really qualifies.

Today at work I have been listening to old Atreyu and Deftones. Earlier this year I did pick up the new release by Amon Amarth because I thought their last two albums were pretty good. This is one is along the same lines. If you haven't heard of them I guess you would classify it as Melodic Viking Metal. These guys have also been around for a little while so again not sure it qualifies as "new".

For Blues you have to check out Luther Allison. SPecifically his live in Chicago disc. Chicago Blues has always been my favorite though so it may not be your cup of tea.

I don't mind Atreyu and loved Deftones. I still pull out an early album when I feel nostalgic. However 3 dollar bill y'all usually is my go to late 90s album. I haven't caught Amon Amarth yet so I'll give them a listen. Thanks!

I haven't caught Amon Amarth yet so I'll give them a listen. Thanks!

With Oden on Our Side is the one I really like and got me into them in the first place. Every release since then I have enjoyed.

Love Luther Allison as well by the way.