SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

http://www.syracuse....acuse_game.html

While I don't doubt the security guard was a jerk, the truth usually lies somewhere between the two sides stories. It'll be interesting to see the outcome of this story.

I work with a woman who's daughter sat right behind this woman. Said she was annoying the whole game and there were several comments to that effect below the story. Then again she is a Duke fan and coworkers daughter is a cuse fan so there is that. Who honestly cares though? This is a complete non-story. She touched the freaking security guard! I don't care what the reason was for it but that is grounds for immediate dismissal from the game. There was about 20 seconds left too.

I had to laugh at her shirt choice too:

I love D

:w00t::lol:

edit: I want to add that the whole reason I knew about it was because the coworkers daughter thought she left before the end of the game. She didn't realize that she got kicked out and was complaining about the publicity this fan was receiving even though she left early. Would lead me to believe that it wasn't as big a scene as the story makes it out to be...

Edited by section122

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work with a woman who's daughter sat right behind this woman. Said she was annoying the whole game and there were several comments to that effect below the story. Then again she is a Duke fan and coworkers daughter is a cuse fan so there is that. Who honestly cares though? This is a complete non-story. She touched the freaking security guard! I don't care what the reason was for it but that is grounds for immediate dismissal from the game. There was about 20 seconds left too.

I had to laugh at her shirt choice too:

I love D

:w00t::lol:

edit: I want to add that the whole reason I knew about it was because the coworkers daughter thought she left before the end of the game. She didn't realize that she got kicked out and was complaining about the publicity this fan was receiving even though she left early. Would lead me to believe that it wasn't as big a scene as the story makes it out to be...

she sounds high maintenance in the article, but if what the security guard was accused of was true (singling out opposing fans, cursing) he doesnt need to be working that job.

she sounds high maintenance in the article, but if what the security guard was accused of was true (singling out opposing fans, cursing) he doesnt need to be working that job.

Yeah I am never surprised by a person in authority abusing their power. On the flip side though once you become noticed by an authority figure they will be watching you more closely than anyone else. As I said earlier this is a huge non-story to me. She touched the security guard and got kicked out. He may have been rude but he didn't remove her until she crossed that line.

How bout that lineup of Grant, Fair, Gbinije, Cooney and Ennis. They played really good defense. As I have said before Grant is an absolute man-child. He really needs on more season at SU to work on his shot, and then he's a lottery pick next year. Hope the injury to Keita isn't serious. We need him.

How bout that lineup of Grant, Fair, Gbinije, Cooney and Ennis. They played really good defense. As I have said before Grant is an absolute man-child. He really needs on more season at SU to work on his shot, and then he's a lottery pick next year. Hope the injury to Keita isn't serious. We need him.

I have a hard time seeing Grant returning. He's projected as a lottery pick.

I don't really want to think about a lineup w/ Rak on the bench if Keita can't go. Grant needs to man the 5 under all those scenarios. Sure he can probably handle it 'cause he's a freak and there's no Patrick Ewing nowadays, but it exposes him to too much potential foul trouble, which we obviously can't afford. Also, Clemson's bigs are terrible.

Nice win, tonight. A couple of thoughts:

1) refs were horrible. Our guys were just getting mugged all night coming off screens. Meanwhile, clemson's bigs were mauling our guards in setting screens at the top of the zone. No calls.

2) without Keita, we will get killed by Pitt. They demolished us on the glass last time WITH him.

3) I thought fair and grant played really well tonight. Cooney also had his moments.

4) more of a global comment, our guards-- for as good as they are-- aren't great at pushing for a fast break. Unlike MCW, jardine, triche, rautins, waiters, etc., this group is very conservative with the ball. They very rarely will push it off a steal, and we don't get as nearly as many fast break ponts as we have in the past. Not sure how you fix that, really.

Nice win, tonight. A couple of thoughts:

1) refs were horrible. Our guys were just getting mugged all night coming off screens. Meanwhile, clemson's bigs were mauling our guards in setting screens at the top of the zone. No calls.

2) without Keita, we will get killed by Pitt. They demolished us on the glass last time WITH him.

3) I thought fair and grant played really well tonight. Cooney also had his moments.

4) more of a global comment, our guards-- for as good as they are-- aren't great at pushing for a fast break. Unlike MCW, jardine, triche, rautins, waiters, etc., this group is very conservative with the ball. They very rarely will push it off a steal, and we don't get as nearly as many fast break ponts as we have in the past. Not sure how you fix that, really.

1)That one ref! He has been at the dome at least 3 times this year and every time calls have favored the other team. I pointed him out early on to the people I was at the game with and said here we go...

2) Early reports are that he may or may not play. I agree it will be a huge loss but have learned to never doubt this team.

3) Fair played extremely well. Grant continues to be an absolute beast and Rak really impressed me. At one point in time Roberson, Gbinije, Grant, Cooney, and Ennis were on the floor. They actually held their own for the few minutes it happened. Roberson put forth a lot of effort last night. It caused him to make a few mistakes but I was happy to see him continue to try and assert himself.

4) I've noticed this as well and almost think it may be by design. Neither Cooney or Ennis are the fastest guys in the gym and it seems like Cuse is very happy to grind out every possession. I don't know if it needs to be fixed as I don't think Boeheim wants any track meets with this team.