SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your edit I was about to blame you for the shrinking lead! Lol

C'mon cuse!!!

:lol: Yeah. I realized my error pretty quickly.

Phew. If Cuse lost, I would have felt oddly responsible.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

The crowd didn't help matters - sounded dead from the opening tip.

Good thing it was home anyway; could've easily been a loss on the road.

Yeah I heard this too from some friends who attended the game. They said, for the most part, the fans were pretty quiet. Also said that the student turn out was pretty week, but they seemed to fill that section late in the game. Surprising to me given the #1 ranking and playing against an old BE foe.

i know we are only fans, but that Duke game took a hell of a lot out of people...the hype leading up to it, the thrill of the game....then follow it up with another day of partying(super bowl sunday), i think people were simply spent, as was CJ...would have loved to see Roberson come in for him and give him a couple minutes rest and let rak, grant & roberson handle the back court area, thank goodness for almost a week rest

Yeah I heard this too from some friends who attended the game. They said, for the most part, the fans were pretty quiet. Also said that the student turn out was pretty week, but they seemed to fill that section late in the game. Surprising to me given the #1 ranking and playing against an old BE foe.

i know we are only fans, but that Duke game took a hell of a lot out of people...the hype leading up to it, the thrill of the game....then follow it up with another day of partying(super bowl sunday), i think people were simply spent, as was CJ...would have loved to see Roberson come in for him and give him a couple minutes rest and let rak, grant & roberson handle the back court area, thank goodness for almost a week rest

Good point about the Super Bowl. Too much action over the last 3 days. Plus, ND's style of play takes the crowd out of it-- a real grind-fest.

There's definitely a "fan hangover" effect from a game like that. Glad they got through the potential let down game and get to regroup (both team and fans).

I have to disagree with the student section comment. I was at the game myself and the student section was filled as usual. Also they have several new chants that I hadn't seen before. They now do a car alarm cheer during opponents free throws which was pretty funny. They were also much more coordinated than I have ever seen them.

The crowd was very into it early especially when coney caught fire. The malaise set in for the middle part of the game all the way until about the 6-8 minute mark of the second half. That is when the crowd got back into as nd had closed the gap and was making their final push.

The team definitely had a let down type effort but cooney carried them through. At half it was cooney 17 and nd 18. Early in the second he tied it 20-20! He was a one man wrecking crew last night. Which was a very good thing as the rest f the team (except Ennis seriously kid continues to be clutch) had a hard time finding any energy. A ton of in characteristic turnovers last night. They get a long week to rest before Sunday and that seems to be just what the doctor ordered.

Just saw Chad Ford's draft big board on Espn and Ennis is number 10 overall.

I think Ennis could certainly go pro and do pretty well, but my sense is that he will benefit a lot more long-term in the NBA if he stays for a couple of years here. It looks like he could use to bulk up a bit-- I am not sure how well he would hold up over the course of an NBA season at this point. He could also use the time to work on his offensive game--including his outside shooting. I think NBA teams will just dare him to shoot 3's, and I am not sure he could hit 50% of wide-open 3's.

I actually think Grant would do better going pro immediately.

As I stated earlier in a related story....hell yes I would!!!

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/02/duke_fans_say_overzealous_security_guard_threw_them_out_of_syracuse_game.html

While I don't doubt the security guard was a jerk, the truth usually lies somewhere between the two sides stories. It'll be interesting to see the outcome of this story.