SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

Agree completely. We came home around 3rd qtr to put my daughter to sleep and I just re-watched the cuse game instead of the rest of the crappy Super Bowl.

By the way, on a second watch, I can't say enough about how Rak played. He was a real difference maker. He hit a key FT at the end of regulation, had an awesome assist late, and was a monster on defense.

On to ND-- cuse will have a lot to play for-- ie, to stay no. 1. They will show up.

Agree on Rak. He really looks like it's starting to click for him.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree on Rak. He really looks like it's starting to click for him.

It does. Halfway through the season I said to my sister that he sucked and never realized his potential. Call it my Tim Graham moment because he has been playing lights out since.

Can't wait for tonight! Admittedly with this crazy sports weekend I have a bit of a sports hangover but I can't wait to get to the dome tonight! GOnna be rocking as we will be #1. Hopefully the boys come out ready to play as this is a classic letdown game scenario. Then again I thought Wake was a trap scenario, Duke was playing their best ball, and now this. I've been riding a doubt train for a bit now and am glad to continually be proven wrong. As long as it is close at the end though I have complete faith they will pull it out. Wish I felt that way about the Bills!

am i the only one that kind of wants to get a loss out of the way? the only team left that I don't want it to happen to is Virginia, I could handle a loss to Pitt or Duke...I just think we need to get this loss behind us...naturally i want to get through the #1 ranking and let that stick with them for a few games. I just don't see this team going unbeaten and I'd rather get it out of the way sooner, rather than later.....

am i the only one that kind of wants to get a loss out of the way? the only team left that I don't want it to happen to is Virginia, I could handle a loss to Pitt or Duke...I just think we need to get this loss behind us...naturally i want to get through the #1 ranking and let that stick with them for a few games. I just don't see this team going unbeaten and I'd rather get it out of the way sooner, rather than later.....

Noooooooo!!! :nana:

I would hate if they finally get to #1 just to lose. A loss to Duke at Cameron would be acceptable as would a loss to Pitt at Pitt. Any of these other games and it would be Cuse not showing up and doing their job.

Gotta be tough to play down low. Congrats to Cuse on the dominating start.

Elbow to the forearm doesn't cause your whole body to blow back though....that was a good sell job IMO which ironically is a tactic duke has used often over the years.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

It does. Halfway through the season I said to my sister that he sucked and never realized his potential. Call it my Tim Graham moment because he has been playing lights out since.

Can't wait for tonight! Admittedly with this crazy sports weekend I have a bit of a sports hangover but I can't wait to get to the dome tonight! GOnna be rocking as we will be #1. Hopefully the boys come out ready to play as this is a classic letdown game scenario. Then again I thought Wake was a trap scenario, Duke was playing their best ball, and now this. I've been riding a doubt train for a bit now and am glad to continually be proven wrong. As long as it is close at the end though I have complete faith they will pull it out. Wish I felt that way about the Bills!

My theory is actually we're going to see Syracuse start playing a lot better. I think that Duke game was a moment where this team realized its full potential and how good it can really be. Instead of a let-down, I am expecting them to actually take their game to another level. It wasn't just that they played well against Duke, it was more like lights went off/things clicked for some of these guys.

Fair and Grant understand how they can be dominating scorers. Cooney understands how he can hit timely shots, not just around screens looking for 3s. Rak's confidence as a scorer/passer/rebounder/defender/actor has got to be through the roof. Even the contributions of Gbinije and Roberson will be built upon.

Even the contributions of Gbinije and Roberson will be built upon.

I know this is an overreaction to one play but there was a play where Roberson was streaking to the rim on a fast break and Gbinije sent a bullet pass that was like 2-3 feet behind him. Roberson, without breaking stride, just reached back with one hand and snatched the ball out of the air and went up strong without even collecting himself. Incredible coordination and dexterity. In that moment, I thought to myself, we'll be okay next year. It's never good losing guys like Fair and Grant but it looks as though they'll have a suitable replacement.

I know this is an overreaction to one play but there was a play where Roberson was streaking to the rim on a fast break and Gbinije sent a bullet pass that was like 2-3 feet behind him. Roberson, without breaking stride, just reached back with one hand and snatched the ball out of the air and went up strong without even collecting himself. Incredible coordination and dexterity. In that moment, I thought to myself, we'll be okay next year. It's never good losing guys like Fair and Grant but it looks as though they'll have a suitable replacement.

I agree. Roberson is going to be really good. Kind of smart easing him in this year; he probably will play well next year; and if we are lucky, sticks for his 3rd year and is a break-out star as a junior.

Kills me that we will be losing Grant-- but I have seen enough of him to know that going pro is a no-brainer. He's going to get drafted high and play right away in the NBA. He's just a protoypical NBA player.

If Carter Williams stayed this team would be even better. Close to unbeatable even with his long arms affecting the zone.

Interesting hypo.

I think an argument could be made that the team would be, overall, not as good with MCW. There is a real benefit to having a true PG like Ennis. A guy like MCW would probably shoulder more offense, but would that be a bad thing and take away from the offensive development and balance of some of the other guys, like Cooney, Fair, and Grant?

Interesting hypo.

I think an argument could be made that the team would be, overall, not as good with MCW. There is a real benefit to having a true PG like Ennis. A guy like MCW would probably shoulder more offense, but would that be a bad thing and take away from the offensive development and balance of some of the other guys, like Cooney, Fair, and Grant?

I typed almost the exact same response but just couldn't bring myself to post it. I agree. It would worry me that he could possibly negatively affect the team chemistry. But at the same time how could we not be better off having such a talent on the team. Especially with his length.

I would want to play Ennis and MCW together so we could maximize talent, but then we wouldn't have our shooter out there stretching the floor as much. Really interesting hypothetical.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I typed almost the exact same response but just couldn't bring myself to post it. I agree. It would worry me that he could possibly negatively affect the team chemistry. But at the same time how could we not be better off having such a talent on the team. Especially with his length.

It's a tough one. I think we'd be a lot better defensively with MCW. Ennis is solid on defense, but a lot of those 3s were him rotating late to the shooters (and Cooney too). MCW's length would really shut some of that down. Case in point was that last year is probably the best zone we have ever played, and it just carried us to the final 4.

Offensively, I think we're better with Ennis. Kinda like when Donte Greene left-- we were a lot better on offense without him, despite how talented he was.

It's a tough one. I think we'd be a lot better defensively with MCW. Ennis is solid on defense, but a lot of those 3s were him rotating late to the shooters (and Cooney too). MCW's length would really shut some of that down. Case in point was that last year is probably the best zone we have ever played, and it just carried us to the final 4.

Offensively, I think we're better with Ennis. Kinda like when Donte Greene left-- we were a lot better on offense without him, despite how talented he was.

Completely agree. It's just one of those situations where it feels silly to say it even if it's true. Addition by subtraction.

No way. Virginia's schedule is cake. We need all the cushion we can get to win the regular season outright. Not that the reg. season title matters that much for seeding, because our non-conf. resume is so much better than UVA's, but it'd be a nice feather in the cap.