Anyone know how Pats OL is looking in camp??

RCOHEN13

I just cant wait to see Pettine's boys in this attacking D with the ultimate test to kick off season vs Tommy boy.

The recipe to slowing him down is a ton of pressure and if we blitz as heavily and effectively as we have, i'm cautiously optimistic with Brady having to adjust to a bunch of new targets and a team that will be blitzing the house at him! That boy doesnt like to be hit and even when he gets off some passe with his quick release, i can see us still getting enough pressure to rattle him a bit..

I'm dying to see in a passing situation, having Kyle and Marcel inside and having Mario and Hughes coming off edges... throw in all the diff types of blitz packages Pettine's been showing (let alone the ones he HAS'NT shown YET!). I'm starting to get feeling we can make a good game of it if not pull it off.

EJ has pretty much locked in QB1 and even if he isnt "great" in week 1, with this offense, we have some real play makers at skill positions and more speed than arguably ANY team between , EJ, CJ, and all the younsters in WR corp. A quick strike early, or a quick 1st down, then a heavy up tempo attack will get on a roll at some point and be able to put some points up.

The key to beating the Pats is how do u stop Brady, and with Pettine and his new found toys on D, i have a feeling the Pats OL will be in for a LONG day in the opener!

Which leads me to the question, does anyone know how they are looking so far in camp? I know Brady looked phenominal last night and had a perfect strike to Amendola who i think will be as good if not better than Welker... Hopefully they wont be fully on same page in week 1 and we can be the story of the NFL if we pull off an upset over the Pats with rookie QB at the helm!!

Here is to optimism!!

RC

I believe after a few down years that New England's O-line has been rejuvenated by some high draft picks and had a good year last year.

I believe they're considered an up-and-coming unit.

they could easily be the best OL I'm the division. They have a lot of time together and have chemistry and a really bad QB behind them

I just cant wait to see Pettine's boys in this attacking D with the ultimate test to kick off season vs Tommy boy.

The recipe to slowing him down is a ton of pressure and if we blitz as heavily and effectively as we have, i'm cautiously optimistic with Brady having to adjust to a bunch of new targets and a team that will be blitzing the house at him! That boy doesnt like to be hit and even when he gets off some passe with his quick release, i can see us still getting enough pressure to rattle him a bit..

I'm dying to see in a passing situation, having Kyle and Marcel inside and having Mario and Hughes coming off edges... throw in all the diff types of blitz packages Pettine's been showing (let alone the ones he HAS'NT shown YET!). I'm starting to get feeling we can make a good game of it if not pull it off.

EJ has pretty much locked in QB1 and even if he isnt "great" in week 1, with this offense, we have some real play makers at skill positions and more speed than arguably ANY team between , EJ, CJ, and all the younsters in WR corp. A quick strike early, or a quick 1st down, then a heavy up tempo attack will get on a roll at some point and be able to put some points up.

The key to beating the Pats is how do u stop Brady, and with Pettine and his new found toys on D, i have a feeling the Pats OL will be in for a LONG day in the opener!

Which leads me to the question, does anyone know how they are looking so far in camp? I know Brady looked phenominal last night and had a perfect strike to Amendola who i think will be as good if not better than Welker... Hopefully they wont be fully on same page in week 1 and we can be the story of the NFL if we pull off an upset over the Pats with rookie QB at the helm!!

Here is to optimism!!

RC

We also have to be prepared for their run game, too. Ridley is very good, and their Oline is as well. Blount is also a good complement to Ridley.

We also have to be prepared for their run game, too. Ridley is very good, and their Oline is as well. Blount is also a good complement to Ridley.

They will use cluster off RB's. To replace all the production they got from TE's they will simply use scat backs like Vereen alot in passing game. This has been a big problem for us in past cuz its usually a LB matching up vs a RB. Also, the best way to beat the blitz is a lot of draws, screens and dink and dunk which Brady is a magician at...

That's what i loved so much about EJ past 2 weeks. If u are successful with quick slants and dinks and dunks, do it till they STOP U! It certainly opens up 1 on 1's on the outside and we have PLENTY of speed to get past a CB or a safety who was too busy covering over middle looking for drop off to tailback.

Our O is gonna be fun to watch and it will be a true test of this D week 1 vs our nemesis. I just hope , if they get torched, they dont let it effect them on next play. Brady WILL make plays

I believe after a few down years that New England's O-line has been rejuvenated by some high draft picks and had a good year last year.

I believe they're considered an up-and-coming unit.

New strength & "conditioning" coaches: Harrison & Kaczur.

The pats have one of the best O lines in the business. They have invested heavily ih high round draft selections to make it one of the best. I'm very concerned about our O line. We do not have quality debth and a huge question at left guard. I think we must upgrade that position in next years draft. Problem is we also have situations at corner and OLB which need upgrades. This year's draft saw two guards drafted in the first round so it may take a first or second to fix LG.

We need to protect EJ like Belicheat protects Brady. I'm hoping we can make due this year with what we have but the O line is a real concern.

We need to protect EJ like Belicheat protects Brady. I'm hoping we can make due this year with what we have but the O line is a real concern.

It is a bit of a concern but I love the way Cordy Glenn has looked so far in games.

Also, a high level of quarterback play can negate a huge amount of poor O-line play. Both Green Bay and Pittsburgh won Super Bowls with average to below average O-lines so if EJ can play at a high level, the O-line will be much less of an issue.

The Pats OL are very well coached and talented but they also benefit tremendously by having Brady at the helm. Brady's primary gift as a QB is his ability to read defenses, pre and post snap, a gift which allows him to 1) gett rid of the ball quickly and 2) audible out of unfavourable matchups and into favourable matchups, thereby alleviating much of the stress that afflicts most other OL's in the league.

Edited by Pneumonic

New strength & "conditioning" coaches: Harrison & Kaczur.

It really is too bad that HGH testing will come into place about 10 to 15 years too late for the Pats*, I mean where else did seemingly over the hill/washed up vets go and suddenly seem to regain a step or two? Think of Dillon, Moss, Harrison, Seau, Fred Taylor, Brian Waters, among others over the years, and that's not including their own guys who seemed to play better than their age, like Troy Brown, demi-god Bruschi, Vrabel (came when he was younger and played LB into his mid-30's without doing an Eddie Robinson) and McGinest. I remember a couple of years ago looking up NFL RBs of note over 32 and the Pats* had 3 (Taylor, Brown and Sammy Morris) of 5 total in the League....

It really is too bad that HGH testing will come into place about 10 to 15 years too late for the Pats*, I mean where else did seemingly over the hill/washed up vets go and suddenly seem to regain a step or two? Think of Dillon, Moss, Harrison, Seau, Fred Taylor, Brian Waters, among others over the years, and that's not including their own guys who seemed to play better than their age, like Troy Brown, demi-god Bruschi, Vrabel (came when he was younger and played LB into his mid-30's without doing an Eddie Robinson) and McGinest. I remember a couple of years ago looking up NFL RBs of note over 32 and the Pats* had 3 (Taylor, Brown and Sammy Morris) of 5 total in the League....

Oh, please. Give it a rest will ya.

I love how people say the key to beating Brady is to pressure him and that he doesn't like to be hit like its specific to him and not every QB

I'm sure there will be a few new wrinkles but overall the Pats have seen Pettines defense before and know what to expect

I still have concerns this defense can stop the run which according to everything I've heard and read is something the Pats plan to do more of this year

The pats have one of the best O lines in the business. They have invested heavily ih high round draft selections to make it one of the best. I'm very concerned about our O line. We do not have quality debth and a huge question at left guard. I think we must upgrade that position in next years draft. Problem is we also have situations at corner and OLB which need upgrades. This year's draft saw two guards drafted in the first round so it may take a first or second to fix LG.

Newen Gland* OL Draft Picks since 2000:

2000 - Adrian Klemm Guard 2nd Round, Greg Randall Tackle 4th Round

2001 - Matt Light Tackle 2nd Round

2002 - Kenyatta Jones Tackle 4th Round

2003 - Dan Koppen Center 5th Round

2004 - NONE

2005 - Logan Mankis Guard 1st Round (pick 32)

2006 - Ryan O'Callaghan Tackle 5th Round

2007 - Clint Oldenburg Tackle 5th Round, Corey Hilliard Tackle 6th Round, Mike Elgin Guard 7th Round

2008 - NONE

2009 - Sebastian Vollmer Tackle 2nd Round, Rich Ohrnberger Guard 4th Round, George Bussey Tackle 5th Round

2010 - Ted Larsen Center 6th Round, Thomas Welch Tackle 7th Round

2011 - Nate Solder Tackle 1st Round, Marcus Cannon OL 5th Round

2012 - None

<_<

Edited by Nanker

It's the opinion of the ESPN AFCE bloggers that since the Pats have experience with Pettine with the Jets they will be fully prepared to deal with anything the Bills throw at them since the Bills are not very good and the vHoodie is a genius.

PTR

Oh, please. Give it a rest will ya.

Some of us know what we know (and it may be more than others on this board) about certain issues--I'll leave it at that. Bear in mind that Rodney only got caught because he was dumb enough to use his own name and address in ordering his HGH from a pharmacy later raided by the DA. It's really inconceivable to you that a team that's been proven to have cheated wouldn't also possibly have, shall we say, "looser morals", when it comes to PED use, and that such a reputation may not help it bring in older players who may be willing to take that chance?

One of my gym buddies and I were talking a few years ago about HGH. He told me that it tends to give users an outsized head--serious lifters call it "the bloat". The next week I saw an interview on TV with Vrabel, Bruschi and Seau (it was right before the Giants kicked your arse--the first time!) and they all had heads the size of melons. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. Personally, I wouldn't be shocked at all if one or more of them were using at that time, but obviously can't know that for sure. Let's get testing and see who's using.

Brain fart above--meant Faulk for Brown in the RB example.....

Some of us know what we know (and it may be more than others on this board) about certain issues--I'll leave it at that. Bear in mind that Rodney only got caught because he was dumb enough to use his own name and address in ordering his HGH from a pharmacy later raided by the DA. It's really inconceivable to you that a team that's been proven to have cheated wouldn't also possibly have, shall we say, "looser morals", when it comes to PED use, and that such a reputation may not help it bring in older players who may be willing to take that chance?

One of my gym buddies and I were talking a few years ago about HGH. He told me that it tends to give users an outsized head--serious lifters call it "the bloat". The next week I saw an interview on TV with Vrabel, Bruschi and Seau (it was right before the Giants kicked your arse--the first time!) and they all had heads the size of melons. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. Personally, I wouldn't be shocked at all if one or more of them were using at that time, but obviously can't know that for sure. Let's get testing and see who's using.

Brain fart above--meant Faulk for Brown in the RB example.....

You may "know what you know" but if you know that HGH is, was, or will ever be, limited to just the Pats (as you imply), then you really must have some amazing connections. :rolleyes: .

Edited by Pneumonic

You may "know what you know" but if you know that HGH is, was, or will ever be, limited to just the Pats (as you imply), then you really must have some amazing connections. :rolleyes: .

Considering what it does (reduces recovery time for both injuries and normal workouts), isn't it a heckuva lot more likely to be used by aging vets than younger players/teams, all as I originally noted above?

Considering what it does (reduces recovery time for both injuries and normal workouts), isn't it a heckuva lot more likely to be used by aging vets than younger players/teams, all as I originally noted above?

You tell me ... you have all the connections and "are in the know" :rolleyes: