Sign of the times (going to games in person)

Click here:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Kolb-Manuel-duel-in-Bills-second-preseason-win/c43e143a-714e-4a20-8bab-2c696b9bc63e

At the top of the article is a video called "Bills Roundup: Buffalo wins home opener 20-16".

Look closely at the "still shot" from the video, which shows Brad Smith just after he scores the third quarter touchdown.

The Bills just scored a touchdown, and yet of the four people sitting in the front row, only one of them (gray shirt) is standing up and cheering the touchdown. The other three people are not cheering, but are instead trying to take pictures/videos with their phones.

And we we have a home-field advantage because...?

Be quiet - next thing they'll ban cell phones!

I think we'll be fine, and plenty loud come regular season...

And obviously this has nothing to do with the Bills and everything to do with society. I was at a kids play with my girlfriend and her family and the guy in front of us, had his freaking iPad above his head taking video. It was like watching the play on TV. I thought someone was going to kill the guy, but as you looked around everyone had their cell phones up taking vids.

Louie CK has a great bit about it in his latest HBO standup.

I'm guilty of it too, but every once in a while I do put the phone down to actually watch things in real life!