What Bills fans will/won't tolerate

Watching Friday's game, one thing became clear to me: long-suffering Bills fans are easy to please but won't tolerate everything.

What I mean is, we all know this team is going to lose games this year, by anyone's estimate 8 or more. I don't think Bills fans can tolerate such a number of losses behind a retread quarterback, or a bust or a journeyman or a never-was-and-never-will-be. We've had enough of those, whether it's Rob Johnson, Alex Van Pelt, Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick or numerous others.

On the other hand, hungry Bills fans are happy to tolerate losses involved in the learning curve of any exciting young team with an exciting young QB, understanding that these are the dues that must be paid for future (hoped-for) success. I, for one, remember some gut-wrenching losses when Kelly was new here, at least 2 or 3 times that he threw picks on what should have been game-winning drives. Everyone took that in stride, painful as it was, and of course what came after was the best period in Bills history.

Simply put: I don't see how the Bills fans can stay motivated if Kolb is the starting qb, and quite frankly I'd be happy to see him go and let the other kid be #2. His "seven years of NFL experience" just doesn't seem to be enough of an advantage, just as it wasn't with all the other journeymen who passed through Orchard Park.