Peyton Manning: I was wrong

RLflutie7

:lol:  Yeah we all have to eat some crow every once in a while. I thought the Bills offense would be far more reliable than it was when I predicted a 13-3 season for the Bills.

What's up with the McNabb comment?

205027[/snapback]

I'm also a former and current Donovan McNabb hater. Overrated to no end.

He still has a lot of questions to answer in the playoffs.

I'm surprised he played that well with T.O.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plummer's better then Brian Griese. Who, by the way, I predicted would be a total flop in the NFL. Meanwhile, most members of TSW said Griese was one of the best in the league.

I guess that's one I was right about.

205002[/snapback]

That looks to me like one neither side was right about. Griese is, after all, still playing in this league and had some ok performances for TB this year. So I don't know where you get "total flop" from.

I'm also a former and current Donovan McNabb hater. Overrated to no end.

He still has a lot of questions to answer in the playoffs.

I'm surprised he played that well with T.O.

205036[/snapback]

Maybe because he got to play with a real wideout for the first time in his professional career?

Let's compare the logic. The king of Flutopians criticising Manning's arm strength. A man who's content that Plummer may never win a playoff game saying that Bledsoe is washed up. (Buddy, your Broncos were one bad ref call away from watching last weekend's game)

It was good to not to see your act in this town for a while. You won't be missed.

Manning just wins!!!! And man, isnt he cute with that haircut? And by making those MasterCard commercials, he really "connects" with the "common man", doesnt he?

All he needs to do is come out with a cereal.

205231[/snapback]

How about Manning Munch. A tasty corn flake cereal.

Maybe because he got to play with a real wideout for the first time in his professional career? 

Let's compare the logic.  The king of Flutopians criticising Manning's arm strength.  A man who's content that Plummer may never win a playoff game saying that Bledsoe is washed up.  (Buddy, your Broncos were one bad ref call away from watching last weekend's game)

It was good to not to see your act in this town for a while.  You won't be missed.

205091[/snapback]

Flutie doesn't have a weak arm. That was only a myth created here that never seemed to die. I guess you'll have to ask Phil Simms about that one.

Plummer got a team with a good defense to the playoffs. Only that defense didn't show up in the playoffs for two years in a row. The Broncos scored over 20 points, so it can't be blamed on Plummer. Did he play great? No. But I'm glad the Broncos were there.

Bledsoe has one of the best defenses in the league. Had it not been for McGahee the Bills would have never been in that position.

BTW: Flutie put up good numbers with second string receivers and running backs against the Chiefs starters.

Meanwhile, most members of TSW said Griese was one of the best in the league.

Most?! :lol::lol::lol:

I've never seen a single member of this board utter any such nonsense.

Donovan McNabb still sucks.

:lol::w00t::w00t:

Watch much football lately?

I admit that I thought McNabb was going to bust (too smart/soft for his own good) but he's shut me the hell up.

Here's hopin' he does the same for you..... :lol:

Flutie doesn't have a weak arm. That was only a myth created here that never seemed to die. I guess you'll have to ask Phil Simms about that one.

Plummer got a team with a good defense to the playoffs. Only that defense didn't show up in the playoffs for two years in a row. The Broncos scored over 20 points, so it can't be blamed on Plummer. Did he play great? No. But I'm glad the Broncos were there.

Bledsoe has one of the best defenses in the league. Had it not been for McGahee the Bills would have never been in that position.

BTW: Flutie put up good numbers with second string receivers and running backs against the Chiefs starters.

205327[/snapback]

I guess I need to correspond my eyes with the myth. I'll ask the doctor to check my perception of a QB who had a hard time throwing a 20-yard pass on a consistent basis in '99. Maybe he got stronger as he aged.

So, it's ok for Denver's D to help Plummer into the playoffs, but it's a scarlet letter for Bledsoe. Oh, you are still precious.

Let's all get on our knees for Plummer who was able to score 20 points in a game where Broncos were down by 32 at the half.

205327[/snapback]

Yeah, putting up 20 when you're down 32 is truly some accomplishment. Nice lahjik there.

205327[/snapback]

This is from the guy who in the very same thread says Peyton Manning doesn't have a great arm? Manning looks like Elway compared to Flutie. :lol:

Since in his rooke season Manning was the only AFC QB to start every single game (I know Farve did in the NFC but there may be no one else) I knew he was something special even though he racked up only a 3-13 record. Since then he has only confirmed that he is one of )if not the) greatest QBs to ever play the game.

However, I think he is far from being one of the greatest players ever and I would not pick him to build my team around under the current NFL rules because his impact on the salary cap has been one of the issues which has killed Tndy season after season during his career as they struggle to manage it and to build a D that is good enough to win after they have poured so many resources (salary cap and draftees) into Edgerrin James, Marvin Harrison, Mike Vanderjagt, et al. and the other offensive weapons that are essential to him being such a productive QB.

It is no coincidence that finally last season Peyton finally moved ahead of Ryan Leaf in terms of delivering playoff wins to the team which drafted him in no small part because the cap is such an equalizing factor.

I say hats off to Indy because with the acquisition of Bill Polian who has been able to work his GM magic to negotiate tough contracts and acquire the best marginal players at a price they could afford he has made the ST as good as it can be. Incredibly, the also got one of the best D oriented HCs in the NFL in Tony Dungy to squeeze water out of the rock of their D which has insufficient investment because they focus so heavily on the O.

This may be the year that Peyton finally achieves the goal which all NFL players shoot for. However, they were not good enough with their cut-rate D to earn homefield advantage and that has added an extra game to their load while Belicheck prepares and will force them again outside of the pass-fiendly confines of the dome for the game tomorrow and next week if they make it.

If this isn't the year for Peyton he may end up like Marino ending up not with arguments about whether he was the best player ever, but instead arguments whether he is the best player never to win the SB.

This is from the guy who in the very same thread says Peyton Manning doesn't have a great arm?   Manning looks like Elway compared to Flutie.  :lol:

205463[/snapback]

I don't agree and many TV guys that played in the NFL don't agree with you either about Flutie having a weak arm.

Phil Simms, Dan Dierdorf etc, etc. Flutie never had an "Elway Arm" but it was good enough.

Manning does have a stronger arm than Flutie.

Well, now he does because Flutie is too old and has lost some zip on the long passes.

But back in 1998-2001 that didn't apply.

I've noticed that when Manning throws an off balance throw and it's a wounded duck nobody says a thing. But when Flutie was under duress and threw a bad pass boy do the fans howl.

BTW, what's your take on Michael Vick. The Carolina and Atlanta game on ESPN Saturday night pretty much summed up what Bills fans always said about Flutie. At least that's the way it sounded to me.

And all those slights were refuted by Joe Theisman. So what's your take on Vick. Can't throw from the pocked? Runs too much? Should be a running back?