The Great American Loop

Beerball

Yes and yes ... Oh wait that wasn't the point of the thread....

Great story ... Wonder if EII saw them off...

I didn't see them come through... They may have came down through Chicago Harbor? Yet, @ Calumet Harbor they could have stepped down their mast... Vertical controlling height is around 19' feet around Lockport/Lemont, IL (Lemont Highway Bridge)... If they went the Cal-Sag route, they would have had to be stepped down before reaching the terminus of the Seaway @ Lake Calumet/130th street. I would assume that mast wouldn't have come back up until they reached Mobile, AL (they did say they traveled the Tenn-Tom) and the Gulf?

We don't record individual recreational craft names and numbers... Just commercial craft by name and USCG numbers... Rec boats get lumped in generically as the first one and the others during the lockage get counted. So a typical rec lockage would just say: Rec Vessel For IL... Then the arrival time/start of lockage time and skip right to the end of lockage, including the number of additional rec boats for that lockage. Commercial craft would have their bow over sill, end of entry, start of exit times in between the arrival time/start of lockage and the end of lockage times along with vessel origin and destination and flotilla information. Rec lockages do not require an origin and destination, flotilla info to be filled out. This information gets passed on to Congress for determining appropriations. I would have no way of knowing if they went through us or Chicago Harbor for lockage into the system... Two routes in from Lake Michigan. BUT, they had to go through Lockport and the other 7 locks on the Illinois!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I didn't see them come through... They may have came down through Chicago Harbor? Yet, @ Calumet Harbor they could have stepped down their mast... Vertical controlling height is around 19' feet around Lockport/Lemont, IL (Lemont Highway Bridge)... If they went the Cal-Sag route, they would have had to be stepped down before reaching the terminus of the Seaway @ Lake Calumet/130th street. I would assume that mast wouldn't have come back up until they reached Mobile, AL (they did say they traveled the Tenn-Tom) and the Gulf?

Sure, two hot chicks coming through on a boat keeps your mind on paperwork :P

Sure, two hot chicks coming through on a boat keeps your mind on paperwork :P

Hate to sound elitist... I hate to talk this way, I usually don't... Becuase it is no big deal. When you are surrounded by it for as many years as I have been... See one, seen them all... One of the perks of the job, paperwork can be more exciting! ;-) :-O Of course I don't like to brag, but what the heck... Here goes! ;-)

LoL... I have been locking for 20 plus years... 100,000's of hot chicks, EVEN hotter chicks have come through on boats... Even better when they don't wear a stitch of clothes. You see one, you have seen them all. Not knocking these two most definately lovely ladies, the REALLY hotter ones tend to cling to the guys in the really big power boats... Donzi's, Cigarette's, & Formula's... That is where the moolah is, not in some 50k sailboat.

I jest, I jest of course about chicks, boats, & where the money is... But it is the truth. You came on a slow, cold day! If I ever posted what I see, I would get fired for failing the Army's SHARP training (Sexual Harassment Assualt Response Prevention)... LoL Freaking GBiD and LA would go blind! It is amazing what bucks, booze, and boats will get you chick wise! The ride out to the lake, early in the day are mostly uneventtful... That is just the bikinis and the sun... The real classic stuff happens w/the ride in after they spend the whole day out on the lake... That is when the inhibitions are thrown out the window! LoL

"Take away my inhibitions, take away my solitude, fire me up w/your resistance, ooo put me in the mood!"

I jest, I jest of course about chicks, boats, & where the money is... But it is the truth. You came on a slow, cold day! If I ever posted what I see, I would get fired for failing the Army's SHARP training (Sexual Harassment Assualt Response Prevention)... LoL Freaking GBiD and LA would go blind! It is amazing what bucks, booze, and boats will get you chick wise! The ride out to the lake, early in the day are mostly uneventtful... That is just the bikinis and the sun... The real classic stuff happens w/the ride in after they spend the whole day out on the lake... That is when the inhibitions are thrown out the window! LoL

Is there a webcam we can, uh, check the level of water in the lock? Yea, that's it, that's what we're really interested in.

Gotta remember BB, you are in The Loop by Chicago Harbor Lock... Lots of hot chicks there... But the inhibitions are kept in check sorta w/them being downtown and the eyes of the whole city on them... We are out in the hinterlands of the Chicago Area Waterways... That is where they put their blinders on and think nobody is watching. Downtown, there are tourists on tour boats, what not... They even make everybody wear their PFD's when locking through, make them tie off... That's because they are run under gov't/federal contract. Being run in house, we can go easy on then unlike a contractor. They can float through the lockage, they don't have to wear PFD's, etc... Children 13 and under do have to wear them by Illinois law...

Is there a webcam we can, uh, check the level of water in the lock? Yea, that's it, that's what we're really interested in.

LoL... No web cams yet... @ least @ the locks here... They do have them @ Lock 15 (Rock Island/Quad Cities)... That's boring! Who wants to see eagles! LoL

Maybe someday... Maybe someday... ;-)

Gotta remember BB, you are in The Loop by Chicago Harbor Lock... Lots of hot chicks there... But the inhibitions are kept in check sorta w/them being downtown and the eyes of the whole city on them... We are out in the hinterlands of the Chicago Area Waterways... That is where they put their blinders on and think nobody is watching. Downtown, there are tourists on tour boats, what not...

Lol...

So far I have not seen any girls gone wild scenarios on the river ... With my luck if it does happen it will likely be a tour boat of eighty year olds gone mad and flashing some droopy boob...

Lol...

So far I have not seen any girls gone wild scenarios on the river ... With my luck if it does happen it will likely be a tour boat of eighty year olds gone mad and flashing some droopy boob...

LoL! Air & Water Show this weekend... Keep your eyes peeled!

Scary is when a 65 year lady flashes you! (Atcually happened) What is wrong with people! :sick: Can I claim hostile work environment! :doh: