• 2nd round pick in the '05 draft
    • 3rd round pick in the '05 draft
    • 4th round pick in the '05 draft
    • Contingent 1st rd pick in the '06 draft 2nd round '06 minimum
    • Contingent 2nd rd pick in the '06 draft 3rd round '06 minimum
    • A starting OG/TE/OT
    • A proven quality reserve OG/TE or OT with starting potential
    • None of the above (please explain)

So what is the minimum you would accept for Travis....I think the minimum is a first day pick this year. The underclass declarations will make this an okay draft --I would like to have three picks on the first day. So I say a third round '05 minimum.

A 3rd rounder is about the floor for what I'd accept as well. There are a lot of teams looking for a RB, so I think we could ship him out. A lot of people around here say that certain things will depress his value, but that didnt stop Peerless Price from snagging us another 1st rounder, did it? Price had just as much baggage and somehow TD found a sucker.

Now, because Travis is a RB he wont command a 1st rounder, but I'm actually more optimistic at getting a 2nd rounder for him now then I was a few months ago.

First, great post / poll. Second, for some reason I think we should get a player not a pick. I really do not have a solid argument for that other than a gut feeling that a player seems to be a smarter move. I voted for a reserve, but capable TE. Ideally I would want a starting TE but the poll question is MINIMUM so I think something is better than nothing.

Given whomever our QB is for '05 it seems apparent a quality TE is essential to our offensive production, this coupled with our need given the health status of our current TE is why, again, I vote TE.

But I am also not NFL GM material, so who knows.

A 3rd rounder is about the floor for what I'd accept as well.  There are a lot of teams looking for a RB, so I think we could ship him out.  A lot of people around here say that certain things will depress his value, but that didnt stop Peerless Price from snagging us another 1st rounder, did it?  Price had just as much baggage and somehow TD found a sucker. 

Now, because Travis is a RB he wont command a 1st rounder, but I'm actually more optimistic at getting a 2nd rounder for him now then I was a few months ago.

204754[/snapback]

PP was coming off an historically great year for a Bills' 2nd receiver; Travis is coming off nothing, with an attitude problem to boot.

PP was coming off an historically great year for a Bills' 2nd receiver; Travis is coming off nothing, with an attitude problem to boot.

204909[/snapback]

I think the attitude issue is over-blown. Some folks have even used the C word and claimed that Henry is a cancer. Believe me, a cancer is a player who repetitively says the wrong thing in their vein attempts to attract attention, or who slim around behind the scenes launching whispering campaigns or trying to undermine the starter.

Henry has mouthed off occaisionally during the season and I think he is pretty done as a Bill. However, he has generally said the right things or actually clammed up while the Bills were busy doing other things. He has left folks who wanted to recreate RJ/Flutie part deux ripping how he looked on the sidelines and trying to diving lack of interest from his posture rather than having soundbites to point to.

If you want to see and hear cancerous activity the look to Shaun Alexander claiming he was stabbed in the back in a stunning act of "what about me-ism" when he finished 1 yard short of the rushing title or Randy Moss walking off the field while the game was still going on.

Henry has done nothing approaching these acts and still has a load of respect from many for playing and producing through injury last year.

Rather than attributing an attitude problem to him, he has done little more than say I want to start. If you are going to attack him then you should join those like WH or Sapp who say he should remain a Bill and fight for his job rather than say he should not remain a Bill due to some alleged attitude problem.

I voted for other in this poll because as a future is now kind of guy a draft choice represents little to me other than a player who has potential because he hasn't done anything yet. I like the folks who say they want a player and actually, since I see Shaud Williams as a potentially good 3rdd down back I'd like to see him traded for a back who may have lesser talent but who can step in for a game or two as a starter if WM gets nicked.