Science says BMW, Benz and Prius drivers are jerks

Just Jack

BMW drivers may be lacking in road manners as the article says but it's because eveyone else "drives too !@#$ing slow!!!" and the Prius drivers are on the top of that list. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Haha...also, it's hard to keep your "driving manners" in a state like Cali with a non stop barrage of cyclists, skateboarders, and other morons out there acting like they have the righ of way.

Haha...also, it's hard to keep your "driving manners" in a state like Cali with a non stop barrage of cyclists, skateboarders, and other morons out there acting like they have the righ of way.

Oh I wasn't even off the freeway yet. That comes later in the thread.

BMW drivers may be lacking in road manners as the article says but it's because eveyone else "drives too !@#$ing slow!!!" and the Prius drivers are on the top of that list. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Amen brother. If I am at a four way stop and the other three people don't get the proper sequence of who goes first I am happy to go.

Not to mention it is crazy that people don't get that if you are making a left you can pull straight forward as they pass you from the opposite direction.

My wife drives a BMW. She's almost embarrased. And I won't drive it to work, nor do I talk about "the BMW" at work. It's weird. Her dream car has always been an X-5. We were able to get her into a nice used one. We just don't consider ourselves "BMW people."

Hard to explain.

Even though I rarely drive it, I am most definitely an ass hole. But my wife isn't.

My wife drives a BMW. She's almost embarrased. And I won't drive it to work, nor do I talk about "the BMW" at work. It's weird. Her dream car has always been an X-5. We were able to get her into a nice used one. We just don't consider ourselves "BMW people."

Hard to explain.

Even though I rarely drive it, I am most definitely an ass hole. But my wife isn't.

I know what you mean. Wife used to have a X5. Great car. Was getting a little up there in age and was starting to have some problems creep up. Ended up getting one of the new jeep grand Cherokees. Overall very happy with it so far. More bang for the buck & cheaper to maintain. Service is nowhere near as good as at BMW but that was to be expected.

Half of them have no idea about the performance of a BMW. Drive them hard! The other half who lease them never ever clean the brake dust from the wheels

I have a neighbor who has owned a BMW for the majority of his adult life, but ... no kidding ... he now drives a Prius. He is kind of a dick, but he's in sales, so that's to be expected.

Anyway, he knows BMWs like the back of his hand, so that give us some peace of mind.

Hard to explain.

Last time around buying a car for me, I went 3 months with no car (I was train-commuting at the time) and test drove everything. My wife got annoyed with me one day and said, "Go test drive a BMW and get a manual transmission if you want one." Not sure why I hadn't tried the BMWs but I guess the 3 series didn't speak to me from the road and the 5 Series was bigger than I wanted.

I test drove the 3 and 5. Different cars but on another level than the Acuras, Lexuses, Fords, Lincolns, Toyotas--no comparison when it came to the driving. In the end I got a manual 3 Series with the big engine AWD and you know what? People can say whatever they want about me. My car is %^&*ing awesome to drive. I didn't get a BMW for prestige. I didn't get it so I can say I have one. I got it because when I drove it, it kicked ass. 5 years on, it still kicks ass and now I'm an every day 40 mile each way commuter. I hope to be driving this car for a loooooooooong time, despite the bad MPGs. When I get my next car, it may make sense for me to get a gas-sipping Toyota and I may make that sensible decision, but in my heart, I will want another BMW.

And as much as it pains me to say it, I agree with Chef Jim: People drive way too slow. I need a 110 mph speed limit lane.

(The day I call my car "my BMW" is the day someone can shoot me.)

Edited by John Adams

Last time around buying a car for me, I went 3 months with no car (I was train-commuting at the time) and test drove everything. My wife got annoyed with me one day and said, "Go test drive a BMW and get a manual transmission if you want one." Not sure why I hadn't tried the BMWs but I guess the 3 series didn't speak to me from the road and the 5 Series was bigger than I wanted.

I test drove the 3 and 5. Different cars but on another level than the Acuras, Lexuses, Fords, Lincolns, Toyotas--no comparison when it came to the driving. In the end I got a manual 3 Series and you know what? People can say whatever they want about me. My car is %^&*ing awesome to drive. I didn't get a BMW for prestige. I didn't get it so I can say I have one. I got it because when I drove it, it kicked ass. 5 years on, it still kicks ass and now I'm an every day 40 mile each way commuter. I hope to be driving this car for a loooooooooong time, despite the bad MPGs. When I get my next car, it may make sense for me to get a gas-sipping Toyota and I may make that sensible decision, but in my heart, I will want another BMW.

That's the right reason to get a BMW. And as much as it pains me to say it, I agree with Chef Jim: People drive way too slow. I need a 110 mph speed limit lane.

I was very much in a "get a 3-series" mode for a long time. I'm not sure what changed, but I suddenly wanted something more rugged. I ended up getting a Jeep Wrangler. I love it. But I miss driving a sedan quite often. If I ever do go back to a sedan, it will likely be a BMW and likely a 3-series.

I had a guy yesterday cut over into my lane and then immediately slam his breaks. At first I assumed it was some insurance scam or something, but then I realized it was a very nice BMW. I have no idea what this guy was doing, but add him to the list of jerks.

Prius bumper stickers say MY OTHER CAR IS A BICYCLE! :doh:

My step son drives a BMW and he's a 1st class A**hole!