It's nice to have 3 QB's that might start versus 3 QB's th

You did say : 2 of those may have very good comparable players in our recent history. the third we are really hoping does not, which kind of sounded like you wanted the rookies to do well and the veteran "hoping does not" to not do so well.

Maybe the issue is me using good instead of close in describing how guys compare to each other. We're hoping ej doesn't have anyone close in our recent history. I think that's true, though it may be optimism. A journeyman and a low expectation rookie are a dime a dozen the last ten years until they prove something otherwise.

I'm ignoring the gift of hindsight and comparing our feelings about these guys today to the feelings we had about all those other guys going into the seasons they first joined the roster. Trent was the next great bill Walsh prospect, fitz stole the starting job and was going to be brees or Gannon.... And on and on... Truth is kolb is a solid vet backup, and tuel is a UDFA that's looked good a couple of weeks. Ej is a mid first round prospect but I think (hope) a better one than losman.... Hindsight on those guys and lack of snaps in our uniforms for these guys are really the biggest difference in the story today though. We don't suddenly have 3 starters just because we have 2 guys that haven't screwed up yet and one that's only screwed up in one (two?) cities. Fitz isn't a successful starter but kolb is, is kind of a ridiculous premise, as is saying tuel is anywhere near "good starter" yet when compared to a lot of those guys

Edited by NoSaint

You think having a positive outlook is just as bad as having a negative outlook?

That's interesting.

That's not what I think he was saying at all. The glass being half full is always nicer than half empty in my book but saying the glass is totally full or totally empty when its halfway is equally unproductive regardless of direction.

That's not what I think he was saying at all. The glass being half full is always nicer than half empty in my book but saying the glass is totally full or totally empty when its halfway is equally unproductive regardless of direction.

I'm sure your translation is accurate but I still disagree.

Good things happen to people with positive outlooks much more than their negative counterparts.

Even if both are delusional.

Kolb is not much different than Fitz IMO... Maybe better arm but less tough (wash)

Tuel - everyone wants him to be Romo or Brady.... Me, I'm thinking a Kirk Cousins is just fine.

EJ- like many before he is the hope of the franchise. We'll need time to find the chinks in his armor, but I cannot remember a player with his arm, athletic ability, stature, poise, seemingly humble personality, and apparent intelligence wrapped into one player as a QB. Not ever in Buffalo.

You are right and well said. This is way better than Fitz, Thigpen and Smith