It's nice to have 3 QB's that might start versus 3 QB's th

I'm sitting here thinking, It's nice to have 3 QB's that might start versus 3 QB's that can't start. Can you even compare the possibilities of EJ / Kolb / Tuel to anyone since Drew Bledsoe ? We're heading the right way at a very key spot, just thought we need to remember how fortunate to have things completely turn around.

ummmm yea, atleast 2 of those may have very good comparable players in our recent history. the third we are really hoping does not, but right now, who knows. you dont remember our many saviors the last decade?

?

Are you saying you want one of the 3 to fail ? Probably misunderstanding what you are trying to say but if you want a QB on your team to fail I guess I dont get that.....again if thats what you meant.

I'm routing for all of them to do VERY well.

Kolb is not much different than Fitz IMO... Maybe better arm but less tough (wash)

Tuel - everyone wants him to be Romo or Brady.... Me, I'm thinking a Kirk Cousins is just fine.

EJ- like many before he is the hope of the franchise. We'll need time to find the chinks in his armor, but I cannot remember a player with his arm, athletic ability, stature, poise, seemingly humble personality, and apparent intelligence wrapped into one player as a QB. Not ever in Buffalo.

?

Are you saying you want one of the 3 to fail ? Probably misunderstanding what you are trying to say but if you want a QB on your team to fail I guess I dont get that.....again if thats what you meant.

Bingo, all 3 have a chance to do well. Previously, all 3 had no chance to do well. How many QB's that left here in the past 10 years went on to have a successful individual career post-Buffalo ?

?

im rooting for them all but right now we have two rookies and a journeyman vet. what exactly is seperating kolb and tuel from when we were excited about trent, fitz, or any number of others over the years.

weve had a lot of potential and excitement going into the season before. Im not saying i WANT them to fail - I WANT all 3 to be all pros. i am saying i dont get how kevin kolb stands out among our qbs for the last decade, or a UDFA does.... EJ certainly has the highest ceiling weve seen in quite some time though.

im rooting for them all but right now we have two rookies and a journeyman vet. what exactly is seperating kolb and tuel from when we were excited about trent, fitz, or any number of others over the years.

weve had a lot of potential and excitement going into the season before. Im not saying i WANT them to fail - I WANT all 3 to be all pros. i am saying i dont get how kevin kolb stands out among our qbs for the last decade, or a UDFA does.... EJ certainly has the highest ceiling weve seen in quite some time though.

Tuel looks great, Kolb has had his moments. Name a back-up worth a chance of starting we've had in the past 10 years ?

Tuel looks great, Kolb has had his moments. Name a back-up worth a chance of starting we've had in the past 10 years ?

i forgot, the board didnt go crazy for Fitz at any point, there were never trent for mvp talks, never drafted a first rounder....

im not trying to be a debbie downer, i just think your assertion that this is the first time weve had a qb to get excited for and suddenly we have 3 of them is... well... silly.

We don't have one starting QB yet. They have to start a real game first. Unsupported positivism is as bad as unsupported negativism.

Just name a back-up QB in the past 10 years we've had that would even be considered starting material anywhere in the NFL ? Can you name one that started on another team on purpose ?

i forgot, the board didnt go crazy for Fitz at any point, there were never trent for mvp talks, never drafted a first rounder....

im not trying to be a debbie downer, i just think your assertion that this is the first time weve had a qb to get excited for and suddenly we have 3 of them is... well... silly.

3 we have a chance to get excited about versus 1 that might have a chance.

The Op's observation is based one a single glorified scrimmage. Kolb sat out. EJ looked a bit nervous against Colts starters. He Did orchestrate a nice 2 minute drill against the Colts 2nd stringers. Tuel played against third stringers, and future stock boys.

Somehow this thread author try's to convince this board that the team not only has one but three possible starters?

2 days ago the OP proclaimed Kolb would be cut to open a spot for a 7th receiver. Once again this is trolling at its worst.

Edited by Best Player Available

The Op's observation is based one a single glorified scrimmage. Kolb sat out. EJ looked a bit nervous against Colts starters. He Did orchestrate a nice 2 minute drill against the Colts 2nd stringers. Tuel played against third stringers, and future stock boys.

Somehow this thread author try's to convince this board that the team not only has one but three possible starters?

2 days ago the OP proclaimed Kolb would be cut to open a spot for a 7th receiver. Once again this is trolling at its worst.

agreed. i couldnt help but remember the cut kolb sentiment from a few days ago myself. oh well... if the mods are enjoying his contributions, ill have to handle it myself and ignore.

You did say : 2 of those may have very good comparable players in our recent history. the third we are really hoping does not, which kind of sounded like you wanted the rookies to do well and the veteran "hoping does not" to not do so well.

I dont know if Kolb will stand out out or not. I haven't seen him take a snap yet in a Bills uniform in live action. I'll make my assessment when I see him play in Hacketts offense...in live action. He hasnt done that yet due to a totally freak injury that could have happened to anyone.

I also dont know if EJ ot Tuel will stand out either. So far I like what I see in both of them however. We have a long way to go and frankly I'm pretty happy with the whole team....and its coaches so far.

Just name a back-up QB in the past 10 years we've had that would even be considered starting material anywhere in the NFL ? Can you name one that started on another team on purpose ?

3 we have a chance to get excited about versus 1 that might have a chance.

As of today, Ryan Fitzpatrick accomplished more as a starter than the current 3 QBs combined.

EJ has loads of potential, but let's see some more progression as the summer goes on.

Fitzpatrick is head and shoulders above Kolb in almost every facet and I would be far more comfortable with him as the backup than Kolb.

Tool? I think his prospects are already fully covered in his thread.

Kolb looks to be not needed but that doesn't mean he can't help us win, our previous back-ups over the past 10 years offered us no chance of success. One other thing, regardless if it's a scrimmage or game, the Bills were never far behind with the firsts & had their 3rd stringers out there as well (Including Tuel). So we played ahead of the Colts on every level of competition, which is all we could of asked for out of the first NFL game for 2 rookie QB's.

Yup. Preseason games got people excited for Kelly Holcomb.

Yeah, Holcomb's career at Middle Tennessee State University & going on the Bucs practice squad put him right near the top of the NFL QB heap now didn't it ?

As of today, Ryan Fitzpatrick accomplished more as a starter than the current 3 QBs combined.

EJ has loads of potential, but let's see some more progression as the summer goes on.

Fitzpatrick is head and shoulders above Kolb in almost every facet and I would be far more comfortable with him as the backup than Kolb.

Tool? I think his prospects are already fully covered in his thread.

Would any of our back-ups over the past 10 years have a chance to start on another team's roster ? Did any of them ? No. Could these guys start on another team's, yes & Kolb already has for the Eagles / Cards. Our previous back-ups have been horrible, so we've improved at the QB position. Depth is not a bad thing as any position in the NFL, we've had no depth whatsoever at QB since 1999 / 2000.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

Yeah, Holcomb's career at Middle Tennessee State University & going on the Bucs practice squad put him right near the top of the NFL QB heap now didn't it ?

Would any of our back-ups over the past 10 years have a chance to start on another team's roster ? Did any of them ? No. Could these guys start on another team's, yes & Kolb already has for the Eagles / Cards. Our previous back-ups have been horrible, so we've improved at the QB position. Depth is not a bad thing as any position in the NFL, we've had no depth whatsoever at QB since 1999 / 2000.

Considering Fitzpatrick started for three separate teams, I'll let you answer that.