A little Onion love...

Geez you guys it was a joke. I haven't lived in Buffalo since 1974. I have no idea if that bar exists.

Never heard of Casey's Tavern on Amsterdam. I know that Casey's on Hertel was there in the 1960s and the same owners opened up the one on Elmwood in 1970s. I took the bus from Casey's on Elmwood to the game against the Dolphins in 1980. That was a great day.

Yes, the only was out of Casey's Bar alive was either a bus or a taxi. At Casey's it may have smelled fishy there. But, fish fry's was not the reason anyone went there as far as I recall. The bus trips to Rich I remember as epic affairs. For awhile on Hertel there were some great Monday night impromptu jams. Of course back then Alliota's (RIP) was the best for jams.....

Yes, the only was out of Casey's Bar alive was either a bus or a taxi. At Casey's it may have smelled fishy there. But, fish fry's was not the reason anyone went there as far as I recall. The bus trips to Rich I remember as epic affairs. For awhile on Hertel there were some great Monday night impromptu jams. Of course back then Alliota's (RIP) was the best for jams.....

Man I forgot about Alliota's.

See Eball and Mrags and people trying to find the sports bar. Just trying to save the rest from a meaningless google search.

only because I never thought even existed and tried to make a joke because I know the Onion is fictitious. Was trying to be funny and I got caught on it.

only because I never thought even existed and tried to make a joke because I know the Onion is fictitious. Was trying to be funny and I got caught on it.

Step up your game, this board isn't going to keep more than 3 or maybe 4 jokers for the regular season.

https://foursquare.c...964a520cc8127e3

Betcha that Casey's on Amherst predates both.

I lived in Black Rock in 1980 and Casey's was an old neighborhood establishment even at that time.

BTW, they are one of the few places who has a legitimate claim to best Fish Fry in Buffalo.

Definitely gonna dine there when we visit for the opener.

don't forget santasieros while you are in that area.

Sometimes I don't understand jokes or posts on twobillsdrive with this one being one of them so I will just say that and never click on this post again. (Unless accidentally my finger touches it trying to open a post above or beneath it).

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz