P Brian Stahovich released by Bills

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get rid of a punter- gives more time to keep evaluating WR corps...wish we could keep em all....can see NE waiting for us to start getting rid of them....

The Bills will not carry a punter under Marrone. We go on fourth every time! :w00t:

PTR

I need to start figuring out how to like Powell. With the way Moorman got pushed out, I (probably unfairly) have been a real Powell naysayer. Seems like he's here to stay.

I think the Moorman love was over generated in B-Lo first cause he is genuinely a really good guy given his community involvement. Second, and very sadly, for a long time yes as the punter he was the best weapon on the team.

I wish nothing but the best for him and hope he retires to B-Lo but I pray that we will not have to spend the next decade rooting heavily for our punter.

I need to start figuring out how to like Powell. With the way Moorman got pushed out, I (probably unfairly) have been a real Powell naysayer. Seems like he's here to stay.

You thought Moorman would return?

No; but I vowed to hate his replacement for all of eternity. Actually, the guy I hate is DeHaven-- but I don't want to re-hash all of that.

Don't hate the playa; hate the game.

What do you mean more time? The first cut isn't till the 27th.

I'm not sure if they're at the roster limit, but if they are, they might looking to add someone. Maybe even be first in line when first cuts happen. Or they might be doing Stoh a favor by releasing him early to give him a (small) chance elsewhere?

Powell's net average was 38.1 yards, his % inside the 20 was 35.4. Moorman's net for the first three games was 32.7, his career inside the 20 % is 28.9. At this point, Powell is just younger and better. Nothing against Brian Moorman, he was good for a long time, but had a hard time with directional punting and it was time for a change.