Jets@Bills 11/17/13

jetfan34

Hey guys, I am not here to ruffle any feathers at all. I am a Jets fan. I am just trying to get some information on the area by RW stadium. My wife and I are heading up north to catch the game in November. I'm trying to look at hotels in the area, but it doesn't seem like there is much unless you actually go into the city of Buffalo. Downtown Buffalo especially. I notice the stadium is a bit south of Buffalo...are there any nicer hotels by the stadium that people know of? Also, maybe good places to eat, breweries...etc. (breweries especially.) Any info would be great guys, thanks!

Leave the green clothing at home.....your gonna love the Ralph....but after the game ends there's always some drunken drama from some clowns..

I saw beer bottles flying out of cars at people wearing Dan Marino jerseys a while back and that was after a bills win.

In fairness to the drunken clowns, it was a Marino jersey. He should be fine in a Sanchez jersey.

thanks for that link of hotels. That should help.

It just so happens Jets are at Buffalo that Sunday, we were just going up to Canada for Islanders/Leafs then going around to visit some friends in Portland Maine. So we put the football game on our schedule as well.

Also, I understand whenever you go to a rival's home, you'll get some chirping from the home team fans. Comes with territory. I've been to my share of away sporting events. Love traveling to see other stadiums, ballparks and arena's.

It just so happens Jets are at Buffalo that Sunday, we were just going up to Canada for Islanders/Leafs then going around to visit some friends in Portland Maine. So we put the football game on our schedule as well.

Also, I understand whenever you go to a rival's home, you'll get some chirping from the home team fans. Comes with territory. I've been to my share of away sporting events. Love traveling to see other stadiums, ballparks and arena's.

Park at Hammers lot.

Just remember you need a passport or specialized driver's license to go into Canada (actually see below... They will let you in alright). Do all NYers get the driver's license that can cross into Canada?

Going up to Canada is the easy part... They just let you right in... A couple Christmas' ago, we crossed @ the Rainbow bridge with just id's... Canada doesn't care... But they read us the riot act trying to cross back into the states? What? They won't let me back into my own country? LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Last I knew you had to apply for the special license. [EDIT: Here's a link - http://www.dmv.ny.gov/edl-faqs.htm ] We're getting new style ones in a few years, but I don't know if they'll be the special ones, or if you'd still need to apply separately.

Thanx... My children had their passports and our's were expired.... Stupid me, I went into Duty Free to ask and they said, you can't back out... Gotta cross! LoL... They let us in no problem, didn't even ask for ID... Getting back into the states another story! Dude customs officer was not humored by what I told them and how easy it was for us to leave! LoL... He said, even an expired passport would have been okay... I left ours back in Illinois... What a racket!

Last I knew you had to apply for the special license. [EDIT: Here's a link - http://www.dmv.ny.gov/edl-faqs.htm ] We're getting new style ones in a few years, but I don't know if they'll be the special ones, or if you'd still need to apply separately.

yea, my wife and I both have passports, that's not a problem. And yes, I remember getting in wasn't a problem, it was getting back into the states that was a hassle...with long ass lines.