Randy Moss $10,000

stevestojan

Ridiculous.

The NFL is ruled by it's commentators. If Joe Buck and Cris Collinsworth, not to mention the ESPN highlight shows, hadn't made a big deal out of something so petty, this wouldn't be an issue.

204755[/snapback]

Absolutely. In fact, if the media didn't play that crap over and over and over...it would cease. Several years ago Owens desecrates the cowboy star. Then the sharpie, then Joe's cell phone, then TO mocks Lewis. Why do we remember each incident? Because we saw them 10000 times. If ESPN and others stopped then the players would stop. As long as they get publicity it will continue.

Oh, BTW, you can't convince me that the NFL isn't loving this all the way to the bank either.

I figured it would be the minimum $5,000 fine. He did deserve a fine, but 10 thou is a little too much. The thing is, people keep talking about the fake moon and it wasn't that bad, but then he rubbed his ass against the goal post that said Packers...this was very classless and it was like he desecrated the Packers team.

he didn't desecrate anything, it was a mock to the green bay fans that have a tradition of mooning minnesota fans and or teams as they are leaving Lambeau field. this story and the outcome sucks and i think joe buck should be "scolded" for his overreaction.

I figured it would be the minimum $5,000 fine.  He did deserve a fine, but 10 thou is a little too much.  The thing is, people keep talking about the fake moon and it wasn't that bad, but then he rubbed his ass against the goal post that said Packers...this was very classless and it was like he desecrated the Packers team.

204808[/snapback]

he didn't desecrate anything, it was a mock to the green bay fans that have a tradition of mooning minnesota fans and or teams as they are leaving Lambeau field.  this story and the outcome sucks and i think joe buck should be "scolded" for his overreaction.

204814[/snapback]

Then the fake moon would have been fine. But he rubbed his ass all over the goal post that said Packers. That was not necessary.

not necessary sure, but then again what td celebration is necessary. this thing is waaaaaay overblown

Then the fake moon would have been fine.  But he rubbed his ass all over the goal post that said Packers.  That was not necessary.

204815[/snapback]

The only way that the NFL could justify this fine is if they sent at least half of it to tsunami relief.

204934[/snapback]

:lol:

Moss has been fined for squirting an official with a water bottle - $40,000, which was later reduced to $25,000.

He was fined $10,000 for verbally abusing an official in.

He was fined $25,000 for making contact with an official

He has been fined a total of $30,000 for three taunting incidents and an exhibition season dress-code violation.

The Vikings fined him $15,000 for verbally abusing corporate sponsors on an airplane.

Yeah, $10K is really high for what is (at minimum) his 8th behavioral offense. Oh, and the exact same amount he was fined the other 3 times for taunting.

I'm sorry you were offended by his heinous act. He should return to abusing officials and sponsors instead. :lol:

:)

Moss has been fined for squirting an official with a water bottle - $40,000, which was later reduced to $25,000.

He was fined $10,000 for verbally abusing an official in.

He was fined $25,000 for making contact with an official

He has been fined a total of $30,000 for three taunting incidents and an exhibition season dress-code violation.

The Vikings fined him $15,000 for verbally abusing corporate sponsors on an airplane.

Yeah, $10K is really high for what is (at minimum) his 8th behavioral offense.  Oh, and the exact same amount he was fined the other 3 times for taunting.

204938[/snapback]

So a fake mooning in Lambeau is seven and one half times less bad than a clothesline hit that nearly leaves a guy half-crippled? The NFL's got a pretty screwed up sense of justice.

Of course, I kind of figured that out when that Cleveland receiver last year held up the "Please fine me again, Mr. Tagliabue" sign on the sidelines on TV during a game last year...and got fined $10k. :lol:

So a fake mooning in Lambeau is seven and one half times less bad than a clothesline hit that nearly leaves a guy half-crippled?  The NFL's got a pretty screwed up sense of justice.

204972[/snapback]

In all fairness, justice, in any form, can't be looked at in relative terms.

For example, there are first time murderers that spend 20 years in prison (and some probably half of that for good behavior/parole/etc).

There are multiple offended armed robbers who get at least that much or more.

There are people that kill their babies that get a handful of years in the clink.

Yet, some people beat their dog and get a year in a cell.

Is beating your dog only 1/5th as bad as killing your infant?

Certainly not.

Just my point that it can't be relative. You need to leave lee-way in case something very terrible happens. (in the NFL i mean).

For example, there are first time murderers that spend 20 years in prison (and some probably half of that for good behavior/parole/etc).

There are people that kill their babies that get a handful of years in the clink.

Certainly not. 

Just my point that it can't be relative. You need to leave lee-way in case something very terrible happens. (in the NFL i mean).

204984[/snapback]

Oh, shut up and color, you dope.

Oh, shut up and color, you dope.

204997[/snapback]

haha.. looks like i hit a nerve...

While I'm coloring, could you send me a piece of glass? Maybe I could make a stained glass ornament for the local church?

Or how about some pottery? I'll paint an ashtray... know how to make those?

I see you're still posting at all hours. Man alive, I'd thought someone as smart as you would have something better to do.

Go take a pill and go to bed, I'll sit here admiring your intellectual prowess.

Certainly not. 

204984[/snapback]

Looks like you could start about 6 new threads with that response. Maybe tomorrow, eh?