The offensive word of the day is...crisp

Beerball

That is the way I would describe yesterday's game. The team was crisp, not on every play, you'll never have that, but overall I am very pleased with how the team played. There weren't procedure penalties etc. and the timing on offense increased with every drive. Very pleasantly surprised to see that continue into the second half. You can tell that they've been working very hard in practice and the staff has made big progress already.

Special teams...the word it explosive. No explanation needed.

The defensive WOTD is better.

What one word would you use to describe yesterday's game from an offensive, defensive or special team perspective?

I am not offended by anyone using the word "crisp". I see no reason why anybody else should be either.

Man, this board isn't as good as it used to be. Now we have mods telling us what words we can use on certain days?

I'm seriously considering a move to Bleacher Report.

:lol:

EDIT:..Ok, Ok,

My word for the D? Unrelenting.

Even when they gave up a big play, they stayed with it, and forced a fumble. Brooks made up for his "taunting"(if this was the regular season, I'd want a full report on that. The WGR guys were right this morning: "nobody in the world knows what he did"), and, Searcy made up for missing the tackle by recovering the fumble. Neither guy quit after they made a bad play. A few years ago? Players in the same situation probably would have. Unrelenting also describes Kiko Alonso's TD breakup on Fleener as well.

My word for the ST? What else? Dominant.

Need I explain? That was domination, especially against a Colts team who made ST a priority in the offseason, with a new coach, players, etc.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Offense: Refreshing

Defense: Agitating

Special Teams: Goodwin

Lol I'd say our kickoff coverage was at least as impressive if not moreso...it looked like there was noone blocking for the returner so many Bills were swarming him before he even got to the ten yard line several times

Offense: EJ's was Efficient. Tuel's was Aggressive passing and Boring running.

Defense: Youngry. (They seemed to be always getting to the play and bringing "it" when they did)

ST: Focused. You always hear how ST is not just guys running down to cover or block, but they run actual plays. I sure saw the difference yesterday.

EJ's 5.1 yards/attempt despite completing 16 of 21 is a little concerning. It looked a lot like his bowl game vs NIU everything short & easy.

I'm sure the reins were on in his first ever NFL action, and he was missing top receiving option. I'm hoping they open it up a bit as the preseason progresses.

Edited by 947

Look, I posted this in the game day thread but it bears repeating:

The drive to end the first half was HANDS DOWN the best clock management we've seen in 10 years. That's not hyperbole and it speaks volumes to how prepared the coaches had our players. I was dumbstruck by that drive. That drive was everything we needed to know from preseason, game one.

I don't care if our CB2 got burned, I don't care if EJ didn't take any shots deep, I don't care that MD didn't dominate. I wanted to see a team that was prepared. I wanted a team that was fierce and intelligent, and that's precisely the brand of football we got to enjoy yesterday.