Who was helped and who was hurt

cage

Hogan, looks just like I said and just like Miami saw last year. He is a camp hero but a game time mess.

To be fair, he looked like an absolute beast on special teams, always swarming the ball carrier (and we were constantly stopping their returners before they got back to the 20)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As good as Tuel looked, I see no way Kolb gets cut. It would be coaching suicide to go into the season w/ 2 rookies at QB and no vet on the roster. Tuel should be the #3 this year, then possibly our primary backup the rest of his career.

Perhaps I am not as optimistic as others, but I think Manual did not do any harm to Kolb. While with more zip, his passing was reminiscent of Capt Checkdown....let's see how he looks after 3 preseason games before we go cutting the only proven vet on the roster.

OK I am sure you are not the first and will certainly not be the last, but g'dam it, the guy is our supposed franchise QB - can you spell his name correctly? It is really not that difficult.

Manual - the book that one refers to in the glove compartment of an automobile

Manuel - #3, E.J., the QB of your Buffalo Bills

There -I got it off my chest. I feel better already.... :flirt:

I wouldn't exactly say Luck "did what he wanted" out there. He was sacked once, hit hard another time, and led one turnover-created FG drive of about 10 yards.

Actually Luck was only in for 2 series and the Colts didn't score on either.

That FG drive after Spiller's fumble was led by Hasselbeck.

Maybe I'm alone, but the second drive (ended in fumble) felt like familiar surgery. Hesselbeck continued doing what Luck did and looked like he always does against us. But they did look better and more active than last year. I just think it might take a few games to settle in.

Maybe I'm alone, but the second drive (ended in fumble) felt like familiar surgery. Hesselbeck continued doing what Luck did and looked like he always does against us. But they did look better and more active than last year. I just think it might take a few games to settle in.

Yeah, the fumble was frustrating. And Hilton made a great play, assuming he truly did catch the ball (wish there were more camera angles because it seemed like a difficult catch to make).

You sure about that? Luck threw the end zone pass to Fleener that was broken up by Alonso, didn't he?

People are ignoring the fact that the Brooks-induced fumble was an "earned" turnover, not a cheap one.

That makes it a win for the defense however you cut it up.

It doesn't detract from Luck's play but it certainly gives the Bills D the win on that series. The Bills D also won the opening series against Luck.

On a different point, games have ebbs and flows, they are not two-series snapshots.

Bottom Line: The Bills young starters playing new systems in a game for the first time, went on the road against a wild card team and held their own.

Can anyone argue that?

Or shall we continue with the ridiculous and meaningless splitting of hairs?

People are ignoring the fact that the Brooks-induced fumble was an "earned" turnover, not a cheap one.

That makes it a win for the defense however you cut it up.

SJBF, my good friend, this is something that we should all agree upon. We may see some growing pains from the D, and week 1 against the Pats there may be times when they don't "fit it up" but YE OLE is confident that bare minimum, Pettine will see to it that Brady gets planted on his @$$ a few times. The defense definitely has a look that they are going to play with an edge.

SJBF, my good friend, this is something that we should all agree upon. We may see some growing pains from the D, and week 1 against the Pats there may be times when they don't "fit it up" but YE OLE is confident that bare minimum, Pettine will see to it that Brady gets planted on his @$$ a few times. The defense definitely has a look that they are going to play with an edge.

Ye Ole, the worst thing I can say about this defense is that if they go down, they'll go down swinging.

That alone is a refreshing change.