The bills first preseason game left me with one word (wow)

The bills new talent combined with a fantastic group of coaches makes me think that the bills will contend for the division starting this year!! The tempo on offense and the discipline by two rookies to run it well spoke volumes for the new OC..*and now we have so much more talent to work with at WR.. the way the defense forced the opps offense to react(as well as the heart they played with) spoke volumes for the new DC.. Oh and now we have a LB Core lookout for the bills defense this year.. I believe that the biggest decision for the bills hc this year will be to start kolb or manuel... with this D we must start whoever is best player right now because if we get solid play from qb with this uptempo offense that will give all of our new talent........ (ooooo the speed) (please get these guys the ball in space (ie goodwin) the chance to dominate games .. oh and throw tuel in there WHO IS THIS GUY? amazing!! .. all in all i was so impressed with how kiko manuel goodwin the list goes on of new rookies who will have a great impact this year .. love all the talent and the coaching to get the best out of it... GO BILLS!~~~

Edited by KeepHopeAlive

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the unbridled, uncrushed optimism of August. Before you know it, we're past September's "It's just the start of the season, there's a lot of football left to play" in to October's "If not for a few unlucky bounces/calls, we'd be 5-2." Hence into November's "We're not mathematically eliminated yet," and December's "Who will we draft this year (and it needs to be an OL, WR, or QB)."

Ah, the unbridled, uncrushed optimism of August. Before you know it, we're past September's "It's just the start of the season, there's a lot of football left to play" in to October's "If not for a few unlucky bounces/calls, we'd be 5-2." Hence into November's "We're not mathematically eliminated yet," and December's "Who will we draft this year (and it needs to be an OL, WR, or QB)."

i hate you!!!

I hate you!!!

We beat un unprepared team, that's what I took away from today's game. That being said, the game was pretty much all Buffalo & our team was very well prepared to play. The Pats play for keeps every game, hopefully we never take our foot off the opponent's neck as well. Keep scoring until you can't score no more, take no chances or prisoners. I also think our defense might end up being the best in our division, which means that 4-2 / 5-1 is possible, that bodes well to find the above .500 mark

B.I.N.G.O. And Buffalo was their name-o.

The baby's water may have broken today, but it's still yet to go through the birthing process, let alone to the point where we cut the ambillical.

ROFLMAO

I watched every team in our division in their first preseason games. None of them performed as well as the Bills. I know that most of what I saw were second and third stringers, but some of those guys will end up seeing a lot of playing time.

I was as impressed as anyone with today's performance but the Colts are IMO going to come back to earth a little this year so lets keep things in perspective

The run defense is still a big question mark and CBs still can't cover outside of Gilmore

There are some nice things that came out of today though. I was impressed with EJ. Not his arm but I really liked his poise and apparent command of the offense. For his first game I think he looks like he will be the real deal. I liked that our D actually had some pre snap movement and actually blitzed! Goodson has some nice speed and I liked how Alonso stripped the ball in the endzone. Some positive signs and stuff I;m not used to seeing from the Bills. I still don't think we get more than 6 wins but I'm thinking we will turn the corner upwards. Also Tuel looks like a bonus in the draft. Looking forward to next week.

On the Colts side I think Luck, Hilton and Fleener are very good. They would be the guys I would like to have on my team.

Edited by Dante

Yes ... It was only a preseason game but several things stood out that matter:

1. An attitude from the players (reflecting our coaches) that the game is to be played aggressively. The non-stop approach in training camp shined throughout the game and I do not remember any Bills team in regular or preseason in years that showed a high motor level throughout games.

2. This team is not going to stop trying to score no matter what their lead is until the game is over. No more trying to hold onto three point leads by slowing things down.

3. Players are being coached and trained to play full games (*see #1) and to get emotionally involved in their games!

We will see what it means but right now feels so good and yes it is only preseason but doesn't it feel great thinking we have our #1 & #2 quarterbacks for the near future (the 2013 version of Kelly & Reich).

just remember chan is no longer our coach. that counts for something.

Why not 5-2, the Bills have the talent, coaching, youth ,speed and desire to make it happen. And it would quite shrills like yourself and only true Bills fan would continue to post.

You know, this is the first season in a long time where I could read something like this and still really think that things are different this season. There's just a different sense of confidence surrounding the organization. There's just absolutely no doubt that our defense was held WAY back by Wannstedt last year, and that Pettine has a LOT of raw material to shape and mold into his vision of a successful squad. It's true that we follow the very same pattern year after year, starting with optimism in the offseason through about the mid-point of the regular season when we start to realize it was unfounded after all. Sooner or later it will come to an end, though, and I really think this may be it.