New NFL bag policy reviews are in...

My question s, why go. The game is better in HD at hom with all of the ancillary restrictions and costs. Doesn't the NFL see that?

As many stadiums have years long waiting lists to get in, no. They only need about 70k in any city to agree with them and many on this board are in that number.

Leave your purse at home, quit worrying about the money and go yell with 70k friends on a Sunday afternoon. It's a ton of fun, and you still get to watch at home half the time.

My wife brought in a jacket and put all her crap in a freezer bag and carried it in. Once inside she put all the crap into the jacket pockets and threw out the bag. An annoyance but not enough to keep her out of the Ralph last night.

Edited by CodeMonkey

My question s, why go. The game is better in HD at hom with all of the ancillary restrictions and costs. Doesn't the NFL see that?

I'm going to call this the "cellar dweller complex." Why actually build things outside and risk getting wet/hurt/sunburned when you can just play minecraft?

That sounds less than awesome. Locally not only the nfl shop but many local vendors hopped on this fast and got stylish bags on the market and made money. It was also pretty clearly communicated.

Sounds like buffalo had conflicting messages and a lack of available alternatives.

My wife brought in a jacket and put all her crap in a freezer bag and carried it in. Once inside she put all the crap into the jacket pockets and threw out the bag. An annoyance but not enough to keep her out of the Ralph last night.

Gallon size?

“It’s very hard to find a clear bag. No one sells them,” said the mother, who pointed out that no clear bags were available for purchase at the nearby Bills mobile gift shop. “If they had a bag to sell me, I’d gladly buy it,” she said.

I hear ziplock has quite an extensive line of clear bags...

I brought in a mesh back support. They security guy looked at me funny and I looked right back at him.....neither of us said a word, and I got my back support into the game. My clear plastic bag, which I have had for years for a game bag had a radio with headset and my glasses in it, no problem there either. Of course, my grey hair usually causes them to cut me some slack. Good luck to all dealing with this idiotic mess of rules.

I'm assuming a large number of the posters here are men..as men we are used to carrying nothing but our wallet, phone, keys and maybe something else small in our pockets like gum or whatever.. sunglasses usually are on our heads or hanging from the kneckline of our shirts...women on the other hand are used to carrying everything in a purse the size of my dresser...if you noticed in all of the reports is was a women talking about her purse..I didn't see one report from a man in the thread...I can understand telling ppl they cant bring in a cooler but I don't see any reason why women can't carry a purse in...some women carry small purses anyways...as a man this rule has no effect on me, but i know a lot of women who would have big problems with the rule

on a side note...i don't really know how well the security is in the parking lots, but I assume there is none in ppls yards...I'm wondering if thieves will take this opportunity to break into more cars looking for purses that aren't allowed into the stadiums

I'm assuming a large number of the posters here are men..as men we are used to carrying nothing but our wallet, phone, keys and maybe something else small in our pockets like gum or whatever.. sunglasses usually are on our heads or hanging from the kneckline of our shirts...women on the other hand are used to carrying everything in a purse the size of my dresser...if you noticed in all of the reports is was a women talking about her purse..I didn't see one report from a man in the thread...I can understand telling ppl they cant bring in a cooler but I don't see any reason why women can't carry a purse in...some women carry small purses anyways...as a man this rule has no effect on me, but i know a lot of women who would have big problems with the rule

on a side note...i don't really know how well the security is in the parking lots, but I assume there is none in ppls yards...I'm wondering if thieves will take this opportunity to break into more cars looking for purses that aren't allowed into the stadiums

I can only relay personal experience, but my wife goes to at least 2-3 games per year and has never brought any bag of any type. She even went to a December home game last year 7 months pregnant (with twins) and didn't bring a darn thing into the stadium save for a blanket (which is still fair game).

Then again, Mrs. Bandit does rule...

Be sure to read the comments at the bottom of the page...LOTS of unhappy campers. Personally, I'm no cellar dweller, and I love to get out and enjoy many different entertainment options, but unless someone puts a gun to my head or hands me free tickets, there's no way I pay the outrageous NFL prices, and put up with the extreme inconvenience of: traffic, parking issues, "security" measures, high concession costs, etc to see 3 hours of NFL action. At home on the couch or out to a sports bar, that's me, & happy as hell with that decision. LOL

Be sure to read the comments at the bottom of the page...LOTS of unhappy campers. Personally, I'm no cellar dweller, and I love to get out and enjoy many different entertainment options, but unless someone puts a gun to my head or hands me free tickets, there's no way I pay the outrageous NFL prices, and put up with the extreme inconvenience of: traffic, parking issues, "security" measures, high concession costs, etc to see 3 hours of NFL action. At home on the couch or out to a sports bar, that's me, & happy as hell with that decision. LOL

And that's totally your choice...just remember, the more fans that feel the way you do, the less tickets get sold. Fewer tickets sold = greater chance of a blackout, which means you cannot watch the game (if you're local--just guessing by your handle that you're not). Not saying you're wrong, just that it's something that everyone has to consider.

For me personally, I find the cost to be very reasonable, and I really don't have any issues with traffic/parking/security/etc. Never have...maybe I'm just lucky.

If you take out commercials and halftime its generally about 75 minutes of action in the 3 hour game ;)