[OT] I'm sick of seeing commercials of

1billsfan

Yes she's a peice of you-know-what, but is anyone else sick and tired of seeing this skinny little chick beating the crap out of people? It's laughable. It's also not believable on any level yet I think I've seen about a thousand of the Alias and Electra commercials this last week.

What's your name?

Ima.

Ima what?

Ima gonna kick your...

:doh::):D

I like what I've seen of Alias the few times I've seen it,

so that commercial doesn't bother me.

Now, :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Guinness "brilliant". :doh:

What's your name?

Ima.

Ima what?

Ima gonna kick your...

:doh:  :)  :D

Now,  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Guinness "brilliant". :doh:

204369[/snapback]

dammmmmmmit, now What's Your Name by Skynard is in my head

What's your name?

Ima.

Ima what?

Ima gonna kick your...

:doh:  :)  :D

Now,  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Guinness "brilliant". :doh:

204369[/snapback]

Not exactly Clint's "Go ahead...make my day."

I must be old school on this one, trying to make this scrawny woman sound tough is silly to me.

Not exactly Clint's "Go ahead...make my day."

I must be old school on this one, trying to make this scrawny woman sound tough is silly to me.

204394[/snapback]

Actually, if you watch the show, she pulls it off pretty well.

I never thought Keifer Sutherland :doh: could be such an ass-kicker either,

but he's great as Jack Bauer on 24.

Now that the show LOST is a bonafied hit, the network is REALLY exploiting the show's marketability. Although I haven't bothered to prove this, it seemed last night like there is a lot more commercial and a lot less show.

What does Jennifer Garner have to do with this?

ABC is desperate to make Alias a success and achieve a one-two punch paired up with LOST. Her damn show was promoted during almost every commercial break during LOST last night. The apex of over exposure came when they ran the ad for the show ........TWICE DURING THE SAME BREAK.....appx. 3 minutes before the show was going to start!

Stupid waste of potential advertising dollars if you ask me.

Now that the show LOST is a bonafied hit, the network is REALLY exploiting the show's marketability. Although I haven't bothered to prove this, it seemed last night like there is a lot more commercial and a lot less show.

ABC is desperate to make Alias a success and achieve a one-two punch paired up with LOST. Her damn show was promoted during almost every commercial break during LOST last night. The apex of over exposure came when they ran the ad for the show ........TWICE DURING THE SAME BREAK.....appx. 3 minutes before the show was going to start!

204477[/snapback]

Actually, I'd say that Alias is already a success; however, they're moving it to a new night, that's probably why there's the heavy marketing campaign (so they don't lose viewers).

Did anyone else notice that Lost was 63 minutes long, instead of 60? At least they officially report it at 63 minutes, unlike earlier in the season when shows reported 60 (or 30) and ran 61 (or 31).

CW

CW

Did anyone else notice that Lost was 63 minutes long, instead of 60?  At least they officially report it at 63 minutes, unlike earlier in the season when shows reported 60 (or 30) and ran 61 (or 31).

CW

CW

204519[/snapback]

Not on my system. Tivo cut off the last two or three minutes. :doh: I changed my Season Pass settings immediately so that doesn't happen again.

As a matter of fact, did anything of importance happen once Locke told Boone about all that stuff being in his head?

Not on my system. Tivo cut off the last two or three minutes. :doh: I changed my Season Pass settings immediately so that doesn't happen again.

As a matter of fact, did anything of importance happen once Locke told Boone about all that stuff being in his head?

204530[/snapback]

Do you have DirecTV? Or was it TiVo's guide? If you just have TiVo, maybe DirecTV is the one that got the updated (and correct) guide... Weird.

CW

204477[/snapback]

JJ Abrams created both Alias and Lost...so it is kind of in his best interest for both to be successful.