Hughes/Sheppard - new lease on NFL life

zazie

Kelvin "ran with" the first team here also...unfortunately he didn't do much "tackling" or "playmaking."

when the trade was made I expected both players to be on the scrapheap early september. If one of them stuck would have been a mild surprise. so this is nice... although they may still be gone soon.

I liked Kelvin also, when he did get a hit he seemed to hit hard.

when the trade was made I expected both players to be on the scrapheap early september. If one of them stuck would have been a mild surprise. so this is nice... although they may still be gone soon.

I liked Kelvin also, when he did get a hit he seemed to hit hard.

Yes. Then he would disappear for the rest of the game

Hughes/Sheppard - new lease on NFL life

Kelvin is running with the first team in Indy, Jerry seems poised to make the squad here. Sometimes things just work out!

Depends upon one's perspective, doesn't it.

If the perspective is from the point of view of Hughes and Sheppard, great. If it's from the point of view of the respective teams I'd say that there may be cause for concern.

Both Ds sucked last year. We allowed more 1st downs than everyone but the Titans, Jags, and Saints. Indy and us were ranked 30th/31st in rushing ypc allowed as just two examples of bad D.

It's not like Hughes displaced Talley or his equivalent. Indy is in a similar situation.

So while it may be a new lease on life in the NFL for those two players, fans of their teams might want to be concerned that they might end up starting as it merely suggests that there's no one better.

Again, all a matter of perspective. Some one is going to start in Levitre's place too, but that doesn't mean that that G will be good.

Depends upon one's perspective, doesn't it.

If the perspective is from the point of view of Hughes and Sheppard, great. If it's from the point of view of the respective teams I'd say that there may be cause for concern.

Both Ds sucked last year. We allowed more 1st downs than everyone but the Titans, Jags, and Saints. Indy and us were ranked 30th/31st in rushing ypc allowed as just two examples of bad D.

It's not like Hughes displaced Talley or his equivalent. Indy is in a similar situation.

So while it may be a new lease on life in the NFL for those two players, fans of their teams might want to be concerned that they might end up starting as it merely suggests that there's no one better.

Again, all a matter of perspective. Some one is going to start in Levitre's place too, but that doesn't mean that that G will be good.

If you get a contribuiting role player in a trade then that might not be a significant addition but it can still be a solid pickup. If you get a marginal upgrade dealing away a non-contributing player then inching forward is certainly better than status-quo.

Neither team is going to be dumb enough to trade away a high end talent with potential that could help their team, especially a player who has been on their roster for a few years. That doesn't mean that a change in scenery and more importanly usage won't bring a positive effect to either player. When you have nothing to lose then you might have something to gain, even if it is not by much.

Wow, people have to crap on this kinda thread? They both seem poised to make their rosters, and probably would not have without the trade. Good situation for both.

don't mind them. They know as much about defense as they do women's synchronized swimming.